Need a mattress

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Did you do the adjustable bed frame too?

I'm just having a hard time justifying spending $5k for a mattress and adjustable bed frame, or $7K if you get the split king.
No. After buying the mattress I couldn't afford a fancy bed frame. haha

Plus, their adjustable bed frame has at least a solid cover. So I would think that would hinder airflow through the bed too.

Here is the $149 Amazon basics bed frame I scraped funds together for after the mattress purchase. haha Not surprising to anyone, It is now $239.

I hear you on the price. It's hard to justify. I looked at it as many nights of good sleep if it worked as well as they say it does. So per night, is that cost worth it? For me at 2 years of use on October 8th, yes. Yes, it was very much worth the cost. I also bought it with 2020 money. The current cost is probably significantly higher. And I had no want for an adjustable bed. I have a nice lazy boy chair for that. There would have been no way I would spend that much for both mattress and frame. But I am single. If your wife wants one or both, it's more justifiable. Right?

I was in Mattress Firm for probably a good hour trying out all their mattresses. Being a bigger guy and a side sleeper, I was more comfortable in the 4" than anything else in the store. Including the mattresses that were over double the money. The deeper the Purple grid, the softer the mattress. The 3" Premier was on par with others. The 4" was just more plush. If you are a lighter person and/or a back/stomach sleeper, the 3" Premier or cheaper Purple grid and memory foam base might work just fine.

Go try them out. I am a believer in them. I have no back or shoulder pain like I did with my old (and worn out) mid-level pillow top mattress.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
No. After buying the mattress I couldn't afford a fancy bed frame. haha

Plus, their adjustable bed frame has at least a solid cover. So I would think that would hinder airflow through the bed too.

Here is the $149 Amazon basics bed frame I scraped funds together for after the mattress purchase. haha Not surprising to anyone, It is now $239.

I hear you on the price. It's hard to justify. I looked at it as many nights of good sleep if it worked as well as they say it does. So per night, is that cost worth it? For me at 2 years of use on October 8th, yes. Yes, it was very much worth the cost. I also bought it with 2020 money. The current cost is probably significantly higher. And I had no want for an adjustable bed. I have a nice lazy boy chair for that. There would have been no way I would spend that much for both mattress and frame. But I am single. If your wife wants one or both, it's more justifiable. Right?

I was in Mattress Firm for probably a good hour trying out all their mattresses. Being a bigger guy and a side sleeper, I was more comfortable in the 4" than anything else in the store. Including the mattresses that were over double the money. The deeper the Purple grid, the softer the mattress. The 3" Premier was on par with others. The 4" was just more plush. If you are a lighter person and/or a back/stomach sleeper, the 3" Premier or cheaper Purple grid and memory foam base might work just fine.

Go try them out. I am a believer in them. I have no back or shoulder pain like I did with my old (and worn out) mid-level pillow top mattress.
I have some friends with them that rave about them. Our mattress is getting pretty uncomfortable, so I feel like this purchase is pending.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
Beginning of the year I got a hybrid mattress and an adjustable frame. Best money I have every spent and I am getting the best sleep I have ever gotten. You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping, this is one thing to spoil yourself with imo. The adjustable frame also allows me to have my head a bit higher which helps with the acid reflux, actually haven't had a single issue with that since getting new setup.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
GIF by Morphin

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
We went and laid on some mattresses tonight.

First stop was sleep number. I went in interest in that iLE. We started on the p5 and actually liked that one the best. The whole presentation and find your number was a bit drawn out but that was probably the sales rep more than the process.

Purple got eliminated once my fiancee laid on it. She would have gotten irritated about feeling the grid. I thought it felt decent. Honestly all the mattresses felt decent and better than what we have. You can only tell so much laying on it for a few minutes.

We laid on a temperpedic adapt medium and liked that the best. She's worried about the memory foam breaking down over time but the warranty should cover that.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It's kinda nuts how there's a mattress store on every corner yet it's actually difficult to get one for a decent price. I've bought 3 mattresses this year.

#1...a full at costco. Piece of cake, was awesome, super comfortable for the kid
#2...was looking for a cheap full for the grandma's house (our temporary residence at the time), in a hurry. Wasn't going to spend $ on the serta at costco. None of the ~5 mattress stores in merrillville had anything in stock (wut), another that did have cheaper items in stock required an appointment and was 3+ days out (gfy). So I ended up buying a cheap one at five star furniture for $300ish.
#3, needed a king & box spring for our new bed. I had about a week and was willing to spend up to ~$2k, should be a piece of cake right? Costco...3+ week lead time. Hassleless mattresses has a showroom with no employees which I liked, and they advertised free next day delivery, so I go in and pick one there then try and order online. Plug all my info in, says they can deliver within 2 days, then when I get to the end and have to pick a date the next available is like 10 days out. So I begrudgingly call them "oh yea, we only deliver to that area tuesdays and thursdays and next tues is booked up". OK well when I plugged my address in to your website it said you could get there this week, so you should prob fix that, i'll buy elsewhere". Click. I needed it delivered 10 minutes from your store dumbfucks....that should not be over a week out considering your business model

Ended up buying online...from mattressfirm (after confirming they they didn't have anything in stock for sale at their local store)...and it shipped from some distro center and got here within a few days. Oh but they didn't sell box springs (another wut) so I ordered one from amazon

How has competition EVERYWHERE not made these morons do better business.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's kinda nuts how there's a mattress store on every corner yet it's actually difficult to get one for a decent price. I've bought 3 mattresses this year.

#1...a full at costco. Piece of cake, was awesome, super comfortable for the kid
#2...was looking for a cheap full for the grandma's house (our temporary residence at the time), in a hurry. Wasn't going to spend $ on the serta at costco. None of the ~5 mattress stores in merrillville had anything in stock (wut), another that did have cheaper items in stock required an appointment and was 3+ days out (gfy). So I ended up buying a cheap one at five star furniture for $300ish.
#3, needed a king & box spring for our new bed. I had about a week and was willing to spend up to ~$2k, should be a piece of cake right? Costco...3+ week lead time. Hassleless mattresses has a showroom with no employees which I liked, and they advertised free next day delivery, so I go in and pick one there then try and order online. Plug all my info in, says they can deliver within 2 days, then when I get to the end and have to pick a date the next available is like 10 days out. So I begrudgingly call them "oh yea, we only deliver to that area tuesdays and thursdays and next tues is booked up". OK well when I plugged my address in to your website it said you could get there this week, so you should prob fix that, i'll buy elsewhere". Click. I needed it delivered 10 minutes from your store dumbfucks....that should not be over a week out considering your business model

Ended up buying online...from mattressfirm (after confirming they they didn't have anything in stock for sale at their local store)...and it shipped from some distro center and got here within a few days. Oh but they didn't sell box springs (another wut) so I ordered one from amazon

they're probably all owned by the same company :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Menards hurry up 11% off /thread

This. We spent all day looking at $2k to $3k beds all over the place, got a nice one here for $1k.

menards bruh

Reactions: Bub

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
they're probably all owned by the same company :rofl:
In that case they're wasting a lot of money on rent, lol

We discussed this in the bored thread back when I was dealing with these morons, starting at post 133946

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In that case they're wasting a lot of money on rent, lol

We discussed this in the bored thread back when I was dealing with these morons, starting at post 133946

i member

also, wasting, or money launderererering properly? :rofl:

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Like 90% of the eye glass companies are all owned by the same firm. Crazy.
80%, my bad

• Wow
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Money laundering 19568723%.

We passed 3 of them in Baraboo after buying furniture. Fucking BARABOO. Megan goes "ope, look at all those money launderers babe." :rofl:

like 4-6 weeks ago, mchenry highschool had a MATTRESS SALES FUNDRAISING EVENT

shit doesn't even make sense

sell popcorn? nah. how bout a mattress aunt donna

• Haha

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
BUMP

Just ordered a Tempur Pedic ProAdapt medium hybrid in a king. Figure my W-hotel pillow top cali king has long outlived it's usefulness as we've been having trouble sleeping on it and it's 10 years old now. That and we're tired of trying to find cali king sheets/comforters.

When we were at the MIL's house for Christmas, her extra bed was the older version of the medium hybrid and Megan said "you didn't snore once" and I slept like a fucking baby.

BUY ONCE CRY ONCE

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
BUMP

Just ordered a Tempur Pedic ProAdapt medium hybrid in a king. Figure my W-hotel pillow top cali king has long outlived it's usefulness as we've been having trouble sleeping on it and it's 10 years old now. That and we're tired of trying to find cali king sheets/comforters.

When we were at the MIL's house for Christmas, her extra bed was the older version of the medium hybrid and Megan said "you didn't snore once" and I slept like a fucking baby.

BUY ONCE CRY ONCE

cali king ftw you plebian

• Haha
Reactions: daturbosix
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info