Need a mattress

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I bought a "cheap" mattress like $1000 and it was a big piece of shit. upgraded to one that was about $1400 and again a piece of shit. Never again will I buy a cheap mattress.
Bought a sleep number and never looking back. Worth every damn penny!

I sleep on a Temperpedic (sp?) and its fine for me, although its probably up for replacement in a couple years if I'm following the schedule. Either way, I agree, a good mattress is worth its weight in gold!

This mattress is for my son, who has been sleeping on a couch in the basement for years (at his own choice). So yeah, pretty much anything will be better than the couch he's on now.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I sleep on a Temperpedic (sp?) and its fine for me, although its probably up for replacement in a couple years if I'm following the schedule. Either way, I agree, a good mattress is worth its weight in gold!

This mattress is for my son, who has been sleeping on a couch in the basement for years (at his own choice). So yeah, pretty much anything will be better than the couch he's on now.

I bought my sleep number with my HSA insurance plan so it was kind of free :)
And I think a 20 year warranty. Was around 2k. Not a top of the line but not bottom of the barrel either. I also have a screwed up back so I have to be careful what I sleep on. Then added a pillow top and 4" gel pad. It's like a cloud :)

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Sears outlet store! I got a $1400 queen size mattress for $650 because there was a small tear on the bottom and two corners were a little worn from the mattress being dragged and it went thru the protective plastic.

Or pick this one up on Addison and Ottowa in Chicago.
4f46e38fee6a1b2a306ab6c86c4cfd6c.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I'm starting to look around and get an idea of what I want. I've been having some back and hip issues, and my current set is about 12 years old, so it's time.

I've been hearing a lot about Ghostbed lately. A coworker just got one and raves about it. Anybody have any experience with them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info