Need a Marauder tech

4DoorBlackTop

Reaction score
Sorry if this is way to easy of a question for some of you...

My air bag light is on, what should I do?

I flew a fuse yesterday, changed it and things are back to normal, but this air bag light will not turn off. I am going to disconnect the battery for 30 min and see if the light will remain off. If not, what do I check? Where?

Thanks!

BTW the MAF is clean.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Ford has the tool to read airbag codes. Everything else is a guess, unless a connector came off a sensor

musclemerc

Reaction score
Since the MAF is clean, did you check your IAC valve? It also maybe time to seafoam the intake.

Curless

Low buck car collector
Reaction score
Get it scanned, everything else is stabbing in the dark, get the code, go from there.

4DoorBlackTop

Reaction score
I actually put a new battery in the car and then took it out. Airbag light still on. Even if the battery was a mm.net joke, all I did was waste not even ten minutes.

Off to the Ford store sooner or later. I cannot stand that it's going to be $$ or $$$ to say "Well there is a problem." Yeah I knew that.

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
I actually put a new battery in the car and then took it out. Airbag light still on. Even if the battery was a mm.net joke, all I did was waste not even ten minutes.

Off to the Ford store sooner or later. I cannot stand that it's going to be $$ or $$$ to say "Well there is a problem." Yeah I knew that.
You spend the money so that they tell you "THIS" is the problem. Like Curless said, without knowing the specific code, you're just shooting in the dark.

RacerX

Reaction score
Hit a wall dead on at about 35mph, that should do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom