On Topic Nationwide Comcast Outage?

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
i'm back here. Looks like comcast/xfinity outages started around 7:04am, all over chicagoland.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Sorry, all my fault. I was talking to one of their reps about cancelling if they couldn't lower my bill.

I was getting nowhere and got aggravated and I finally said, "Fine, just cancel it. All of it. Shut down the whole state, I don't care."

I guess she called my bluff...:ROFLMAO:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
We're back up here at work.

We dumped crooked Comcast years back at home, so not affected there.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd like to dump them, but only option is AT&T copper. There is FTTC behind my house for businesses, but they refuse to run FTTB or FTTH for residents. For regular copper they want way too much for way too little.

My work kept pinging me. Told them I had no interwebz at home. "just tether your phone". Do you pay for my phone bill? "no". I don't have unlimited internet, so, no.

Went back to bed. :finger:

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I was down for a while. Apparently the hospital also used Comcast, my boss told me not to come in. They cam back on about 10-15 mins before we did. I always get up early and shower in the AM before work even though I'm remote. Went upstairs to shave and change to go in since I was still down but the office was up, but by the time I got done shaving, I was back online.

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Annoying, the one time I have a 6:30AM video meeting with 6 other folks in other time zones and the 'net craps out at 7AM.

Seems to be mostly back now.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Soooo... Will it be claimed to be weather related?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
My buddy towards Yorkville has been without internet since 230ish. He had to fire up starlink and put that to use.
Yeah thats towards me, been out since then too. I just put in an order for one as a backup :rofl:

Need something more solid then cell hotspot out here as a backup.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats towards me, been out since then too. I just put in an order for one as a backup :rofl:

Need something more solid then cell hotspot out here as a backup.
For the cost you wouldn’t use it as the primary pipe? Seems expensive to just serve as a backup. No Metronet out that far yet?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
For the cost you wouldn’t use it as the primary pipe? Seems expensive to just serve as a backup. No Metronet out that far yet?
Seems expensive til you realize our cell out here has Comcast as its primary backbone as well.

Only way around all that is Starlink.

For sure not the cheapest and it will still be utilized even if Comcast is fine, but I am on call 24/7 and work pays me pretty good to be on call, so really its worth it.

For example right now I had a work emergency.... I was getting less then 1Mb on cell hotspot 5G with almost full service. Fucking sent back to dial up and took 10x as long to fix and I still have to do more work but its just not possible with these speeds.

Nope, no metronet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom