Napkin Phenomenon

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I think part of it is the idiots working at the restaurants put the napkins in the holder backwards, so there is no leading edge to grab if you want to pick one out.

So, you must reach in the napkin holder and grab a shitload of them just to get one.

I see this in our bathroom at work where the paper towels are put in upside down so you can't grab them one at a time. There ends up being paper towels all over the floor and piles of unused ones on the counter because someone just wanted ONE and ended up having to grab 20 of them instead.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I hate people who also take aton of shit home like salt and pepper... Really?

When I was little I'd watch my old ass aunt take everything from restaurants. Salt, pepper, forks, etc... It soothes me now that she died with a ton of money that went to her shit kids who blew it on gambling and QVC. SOOTHES me

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
And the opposite of Napkins places like TB usually give you 10x the sauce you need.

I ran through TB drive-through and they asked me if I wanted any sauce. I said, Sure. Asked for some Diablo.

The guy literally took a fist-full of them and put them in the bag. So much that every time I've been to TB in the last 6 months when they ask me if I need sauce I say No. Because I STILL have the sauce at home in a refrigerated zip-lock baggie.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And the opposite of Napkins places like TB usually give you 10x the sauce you need.

I ran through TB drive-through and they asked me if I wanted any sauce. I said, Sure. Asked for some Diablo.

The guy literally took a fist-full of them and put them in the bag. So much that every time I've been to TB in the last 6 months when they ask me if I need sauce I say No. Because I STILL have the sauce at home in a refrigerated zip-lock baggie.

Hey now, that stuff never goes to waste.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
This sickens me...I use maybe one napkin when I eat, if any. I hate wasting paper/plastic so when I see some moron grab a stack then throw half of them away, I rage

I am right there with you. Take as many as you need to wipe your mug/hands/etc....If you need 20 because you are a messy fool, take 20, and use the majority of them.

Don't take 40, use 5, and throw 35 in the fucking garbage. The least someone could do would be leave them on the table if they are ultimately lazy, or better bring it back to the napkin holder.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Please explain to me the extreme waste of napkins at fast food restaurants. It boggles my mind when someone takes a 2” tall stack of napkins, uses 2-3, and then throws the rest in the trash. I don’t eat at many fast food restaurants, this is primarily happening at Chipotle.

i have thought about this too. having napkins simply accessible at tables has to save a lot of them. if i took extra and didn't use them i'll just leave them on the table for the next person.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
i have thought about this too. having napkins simply accessible at tables has to save a lot of them. if i took extra and didn't use them i'll just leave them on the table for the next person.

I got to Potbelly 2-3 times per month for lunch. They used to have napkins dispensers on the table, but now got rid of them and only have napkins by the fountain drink dispenser. Now I'm more likely to grab a handful of napkins because I don't feel like fighting my way through a crowd of people to get back to the one napkin dispenser while the place is busy during the lunch rush.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I use a few napkins while eating. But I usually will take a few extra and keep them in my truck. I’ll use them when I need to blow my nose or wipe down my interior drivers door after opening my window while it’s raining out.

Other than that. Watching people take a stack and then tossing them in the trash makes me wonder what in the hell is that person or people thinking.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This sickens me...I use maybe one napkin when I eat, if any. I hate wasting paper/plastic

Why don't you bring a towel in with you that you can take home and wash later? You hippie. :rofl:

I hate the waste too. But I also hate not having a napkin when I need it. One napkin is filthy and I need to wipe my mouth. What do I do? Don't tell me to be less of a sloppy eater either! lmao

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Why don't you bring a towel in with you that you can take home and wash later? You hippie. :rofl:

I hate the waste too. But I also hate not having a napkin when I need it. One napkin is filthy and I need to wipe my mouth. What do I do? Don't tell me to be less of a sloppy eater either! lmao

Nobody is saying you can’t grab a monster pile of napkins. Just don’t be a lazy fuck and throw all of the unused ones away! ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info