3800 naperville/bolingbrook/aurora area member?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Oct 26 2004, 12:28 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gmcjimmyguy
@Oct 26 2004, 12:25 AM
anybody out here?  more importantly, any body out here willing to maybe help me out with my s/c coupler change?
[snapback]58181[/snapback]​

i'll help ya i'm by o'hare
[snapback]58182[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think i do have the problem narrowed down to the s/c coupler... with belt off, there seems to be much play in the s/c pulley...

I think i am fairly mechanically inclined... i just kinda dread tearing into the s/c on my own... when do you think you might be able to help me out, superchargedgp?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Oct 26 2004, 09:49 AM
I'm out in Bolingbrook by Weber/Boughton if you need help. Don't forget to order 2 containers of SC oil before you do this job.
[snapback]58242[/snapback]​

gee... you are right around the corner from me :)

weber @ lillycache

i am debating weather to call the dealer for the o.e. or order from zzp.... i want to do this saturday, so not sure which will be faster

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy+Oct 26 2004, 12:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Oct 26 2004, 09:49 AM
I'm out in Bolingbrook by Weber/Boughton if you need help. Don't forget to order 2 containers of SC oil before you do this job.
[snapback]58242[/snapback]​

gee... you are right around the corner from me :)

weber @ lillycache

i am debating weather to call the dealer for the o.e. or order from zzp.... i want to do this saturday, so not sure which will be faster
[snapback]58274[/snapback]​
[/b]

ARGH!!! Called the dealer... they do not sell individual parts on the s/c units ... or so i am told... any idea if there is a gm part number for the coupler?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You may want to check out the parts database on ClubGP.com, if there is a stock replacement availible it'll prolly be listed. If you order from ZZP, it'll get here quick as long as it's in-stock. I usually will get stuff next or second day from them, and they sell the oil too.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Oct 26 2004, 12:49 PM
You may want to check out the parts database on ClubGP.com, if there is a stock replacement availible it'll prolly be listed. If you order from ZZP, it'll get here quick as long as it's in-stock. I usually will get stuff next or second day from them, and they sell the oil too.
[snapback]58280[/snapback]​

I am debating getting a reman snout from winterhavenperformance.com for the peace of mind of new bearings and all, since i dont have a press to replace them... i dont really think the bearings are all that bad, but having run the s/c low on oil for awhile (hadnt realized it) it may be best to replace bearings. ... and i seem to recall a bit of oil behind the pulley, indicating a worn seal

but i may end up just replacing the coupler first and see how it goes

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by zeez gtp@Oct 26 2004, 05:07 PM
it's pretty easy, just take out the snout bolts and break her loose. i just did it a couple weekends ago. i live in bolingbrook, if i wasn't working all this weekend, i would help you out. i got mine from zzp. got here in two days.
[snapback]58308[/snapback]​

ordered part from zzp, but i think i am going to nab a rebuilt snout too, just to be on the safe side... the oil was half gone when i checked it, looks like the seal was leaking.... but no, i am not going to get the snout from zzp... should be gettin that from winterhalterperformance.com .....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Toasty
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list