• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

naperville/bolingbrook/aurora area member?

Toasty

Reaction score
anybody out here? more importantly, any body out here willing to maybe help me out with my s/c coupler change?

superchargedgp

Reaction score
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy@Oct 26 2004, 12:25 AM
anybody out here?  more importantly, any body out here willing to maybe help me out with my s/c coupler change?
[snapback]58181[/snapback]​

i'll help ya i'm by o'hare

Toasty

Reaction score
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Oct 26 2004, 12:28 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gmcjimmyguy
@Oct 26 2004, 12:25 AM
anybody out here?  more importantly, any body out here willing to maybe help me out with my s/c coupler change?
[snapback]58181[/snapback]​

i'll help ya i'm by o'hare
[snapback]58182[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think i do have the problem narrowed down to the s/c coupler... with belt off, there seems to be much play in the s/c pulley...

I think i am fairly mechanically inclined... i just kinda dread tearing into the s/c on my own... when do you think you might be able to help me out, superchargedgp?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm out in Bolingbrook by Weber/Boughton if you need help. Don't forget to order 2 containers of SC oil before you do this job.

Toasty

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Oct 26 2004, 09:49 AM
I'm out in Bolingbrook by Weber/Boughton if you need help. Don't forget to order 2 containers of SC oil before you do this job.
[snapback]58242[/snapback]​

gee... you are right around the corner from me :)

weber @ lillycache

i am debating weather to call the dealer for the o.e. or order from zzp.... i want to do this saturday, so not sure which will be faster

Toasty

Reaction score
Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy+Oct 26 2004, 12:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Oct 26 2004, 09:49 AM
[snapback]58242[/snapback]​

gee... you are right around the corner from me :)

weber @ lillycache

i am debating weather to call the dealer for the o.e. or order from zzp.... i want to do this saturday, so not sure which will be faster
[snapback]58274[/snapback]​
[/b]

ARGH!!! Called the dealer... they do not sell individual parts on the s/c units ... or so i am told... any idea if there is a gm part number for the coupler?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You may want to check out the parts database on ClubGP.com, if there is a stock replacement availible it'll prolly be listed. If you order from ZZP, it'll get here quick as long as it's in-stock. I usually will get stuff next or second day from them, and they sell the oil too.

Toasty

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Oct 26 2004, 12:49 PM
You may want to check out the parts database on ClubGP.com, if there is a stock replacement availible it'll prolly be listed. If you order from ZZP, it'll get here quick as long as it's in-stock. I usually will get stuff next or second day from them, and they sell the oil too.
[snapback]58280[/snapback]​

I am debating getting a reman snout from winterhavenperformance.com for the peace of mind of new bearings and all, since i dont have a press to replace them... i dont really think the bearings are all that bad, but having run the s/c low on oil for awhile (hadnt realized it) it may be best to replace bearings. ... and i seem to recall a bit of oil behind the pulley, indicating a worn seal

but i may end up just replacing the coupler first and see how it goes

zeez gtp

Reaction score
it's pretty easy, just take out the snout bolts and break her loose. i just did it a couple weekends ago. i live in bolingbrook, if i wasn't working all this weekend, i would help you out. i got mine from zzp. got here in two days.

Toasty

Reaction score
Originally posted by zeez gtp@Oct 26 2004, 05:07 PM
it's pretty easy, just take out the snout bolts and break her loose. i just did it a couple weekends ago. i live in bolingbrook, if i wasn't working all this weekend, i would help you out. i got mine from zzp. got here in two days.
[snapback]58308[/snapback]​

ordered part from zzp, but i think i am going to nab a rebuilt snout too, just to be on the safe side... the oil was half gone when i checked it, looks like the seal was leaking.... but no, i am not going to get the snout from zzp... should be gettin that from winterhalterperformance.com .....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom