N20GT Does Road America (on 2 wheels) *Vid Added*

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
time to make the wallet lighter if you haven’t gotten them already.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
giphy.gif

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
Been a long time since I've done RA on 2 wheels - 15 years now. Insane to me how fast these bikes have become. Almost 180mph? LMAO. My old GSX-R750 was clocked at 186 on the radar gun - crossing S/F in the Daytona tri-oval. LOTS more "runway" to get up to speed there! I can't recall what my speeds were on my old SuperSport-class R6 but I want to say somewhere in the mid/high 160s... at Daytona. I don't know what the speeds were at RA but was doing 2:23/2:24 with the kink. In recent experience there, the "bend" adds about ~10s to the lap over the kink so you're running laps close to what I was doing. Back then 24's were more than enough to make the AMA grid - I had several CCS/FUSA wins with those times.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I’m on track in 5 mins but am still exhausted from the first session lol.

I’ll just go on 5 mins late and still get 15 mins of riding.

One of the coaches that also races stopped by and gave me some pointers on the kink here, so I’m gonna try that out during this next session. I always felt awkward in that turn

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Motherfucker this track is exhausting even when it isn’t 100*

First session done. 2:37 vs 2:33 personal best, 169 top speed vs 172 PB. Wasn’t really pushing and my rear tire is shot so that’s pretty good

Right forearm cramping hard
You pussy. It is Road America. Suck it up and enjoy that fantastic track.

T1, keep about 12" off of the curbing on the apex. Should be a less bumpy line, which will still let you swing out on to the rumble strips.

T12, right when you think you should start to turn, don't. Wait till you see the curbing on the crest of the hill, then turn in.

Are they actually letting you run the kink instead of the chicane???? I've only gotten to do that a handful of times before they threw the chicane in.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Don’t know why it’s sideways. Not fixing it lol
Cause the photo was taken in portrait mode. You can just crop the image (like just a hair), then upload it, and it'll be fine.

Are you recording video of this? If so, I'd like to see the original file and see if my Telemetry Overlay can play with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info