3800 n e one know.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you want to buy the paint. I get my paint supplies from Bolingbrook auto. They are very knowledgeable, and carry Dupont which I have found the easiest to work with of the basecoat / clearcoats. A pint should run about $35 of the basecoat. To do a small job you will need: basecoat $35, clearcoat (in quarts only) $40, reducer $45, primer $35, mics supplies like sandpaper and such $25, and the equipment to spray it. There is a system that you cam ix the paint and spray it with a refillable bottle powered by aerosol, but you will need to follow up the clearcoat with a wet-sand and buff. I have a Binks touch-up gun and a Devilbiss full quart high pressure sprayer, but to get good results, you need good equipment. There are several paint suppliers you can go to, I would also reccommend Terrace welding supply in Addison. I used to do custom bike paintjobs, if you need any advice let me know. There is a lot involved in painting, the spraying is the easy part. I'd say 98% of the work involved is the actual prep.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Previous one used a 4 color fade, pic was before a reverse stripe and 2 coats of clear with tri colr flake (it looked killer) This one was a variation of the stock colors, and I also di the frame polishing. The rims were sent out.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by GraFFix@Nov 19 2003, 09:26 AM
if your going to do all this for just the front plate insert, you might as well look on ebay and just buy a brand new insert off of there or go to the dealer and order one...probably be cheaper.
i already checked... the ones from the dealer come unpainted and they RAPE y ou on the price... also its not as easy as it sounds to find a painted plate insert on ebay i have looked! :eek:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I could probably do the touch up stuff like this, but not for a couple of months, unless you don't mind it costing $150. I've still got to do some paintwork on my car, so I can soak up some of the materials cost eventually. I just don't plan on doing any paintwork right now. Once I get materials, I'll buy a bunch so I can spread out the cost in several projects. The start up is what kills you though, and most of the paint supplies I have are getting old and should be trashed, fresh supplies always are less troublesome.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I got a new frt plate this summer....form the dealer it was like 20-30 bucks....

When the body shop redid my back bumper from an accident a long, long time ago, they did it for 10 buck.............

Normally, they said they would have charged like $50.....Its sounds high, but not when you think of them ordering the paint, prepin, mixin shit, spraying, cleaning the bottle, and buffing it............it all adds up.......its a business. There in it to make money, not favors.

Sometimes, I think you just have to buckle down and pay it. :( It sucks though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info