• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

n e one know.

hueygt

Reaction score
I want to find the silvermist paint for my grand Prix n e one know where i can find it....i mean exact color...

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
Originally posted by hueygt@Nov 17 2003, 06:06 PM
I want to find the silvermist paint for my grand Prix n e one know where i can find it....i mean exact color...
on the label inside the trunk lid, is your Paint code. ;)

BumpinGTP

Reaction score
also, open your door and look near where it latches on the door, there should be a sticker stating the code

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Nov 17 2003, 07:03 PM
also, open your door and look near where it latches on the door, there should be a sticker stating the code
nope, its on the inside of the trunk lid.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you want to buy the paint. I get my paint supplies from Bolingbrook auto. They are very knowledgeable, and carry Dupont which I have found the easiest to work with of the basecoat / clearcoats. A pint should run about $35 of the basecoat. To do a small job you will need: basecoat $35, clearcoat (in quarts only) $40, reducer $45, primer $35, mics supplies like sandpaper and such $25, and the equipment to spray it. There is a system that you cam ix the paint and spray it with a refillable bottle powered by aerosol, but you will need to follow up the clearcoat with a wet-sand and buff. I have a Binks touch-up gun and a Devilbiss full quart high pressure sprayer, but to get good results, you need good equipment. There are several paint suppliers you can go to, I would also reccommend Terrace welding supply in Addison. I used to do custom bike paintjobs, if you need any advice let me know. There is a lot involved in painting, the spraying is the easy part. I'd say 98% of the work involved is the actual prep.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Previous one used a 4 color fade, pic was before a reverse stripe and 2 coats of clear with tri colr flake (it looked killer) This one was a variation of the stock colors, and I also di the frame polishing. The rims were sent out.

hueygt

Reaction score
well thnx for the info doodes..i'll have to check the color code but all i need it for is for my front plate cover :p cuz i wanna put it on..

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you go with spray cans, it will dull real fast. That's the only problem. If you can find a shop that has the paint in-stock, you could get something small like that done for dirt.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, the guy that owned it had a bunch of nice bikes. He currently in prison for some kind of fraud. We always wondered were he got all that cash to throw around.

I

imported_GraFFix

if your going to do all this for just the front plate insert, you might as well look on ebay and just buy a brand new insert off of there or go to the dealer and order one...probably be cheaper.

VHGTP

Reaction score
Originally posted by GraFFix@Nov 19 2003, 09:26 AM
if your going to do all this for just the front plate insert, you might as well look on ebay and just buy a brand new insert off of there or go to the dealer and order one...probably be cheaper.
i already checked... the ones from the dealer come unpainted and they RAPE y ou on the price... also its not as easy as it sounds to find a painted plate insert on ebay i have looked! :eek:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I could probably do the touch up stuff like this, but not for a couple of months, unless you don't mind it costing $150. I've still got to do some paintwork on my car, so I can soak up some of the materials cost eventually. I just don't plan on doing any paintwork right now. Once I get materials, I'll buy a bunch so I can spread out the cost in several projects. The start up is what kills you though, and most of the paint supplies I have are getting old and should be trashed, fresh supplies always are less troublesome.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Yeah, but sometimes people are color blind, or dumb. I asked for a forest green insert, and I got sent a teal green insert. BTW Joe, did you ever install that?

Royalgtp

Reaction score
I got a new frt plate this summer....form the dealer it was like 20-30 bucks....

When the body shop redid my back bumper from an accident a long, long time ago, they did it for 10 buck.............

Normally, they said they would have charged like $50.....Its sounds high, but not when you think of them ordering the paint, prepin, mixin shit, spraying, cleaning the bottle, and buffing it............it all adds up.......its a business. There in it to make money, not favors.

Sometimes, I think you just have to buckle down and pay it. :( It sucks though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom