Mystic SN95 stuck by a train in Franklin Park

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Joined
Mar 3, 2006
Messages
19,690
Reaction score
54
Location
Lake Zurich
what kind of rims did it have? if it was 99 svt rims it was my old car cause I sold it to a kid over in that area
 

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
8,299
Reaction score
53
WhtSuperStang said:
that would suck if it was ur old car
I believe he said stuck by a train, not struck......lol
 

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
0
Just let me throw this out there for anyone who's ever thought about going around crossing gates, since I work in the industry now:

It is deceptively hard to judge a train's speed, especially since most modern engines are very quiet.

They cannot stop or even meaningfully slow down.

Under Illinois law, disobeying a crossing signal is negligence as a matter of law, and you will not collect a single cent from any railroad for getting hit by a train.


I am seriously amazed, shocked at how many people actually try to go around crossing gates.
 

ChromeCobra

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
16,001
Reaction score
1
Heres a pic from the crash :eek2:....The guy got T-boned by the train :lmao:
 

Jimbo

Back in the game...
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
9,962
Reaction score
0
ChromeCobra said:
Heres a pic from the crash :eek2:....The guy got T-boned by the train :lmao:
I'll be the first...

It'll buff out. :lmao:
 

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
0
How does someone get "stuck" on train tracks? Blocked in by traffic maybe? You're not supposed to stop across the tracks anyway.
 

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Joined
Mar 3, 2006
Messages
19,690
Reaction score
54
Location
Lake Zurich
ChromeCobra said:
Heres a pic from the crash :eek2:....The guy got T-boned by the train :lmao:
phew deff not my car.....I had diff rims and a cobra decal on my windshield....I still have extra keys to that and planned on getting that car back... haha jp
 

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
48,381
Reaction score
1,792
Location
Crown point, IN
ILLINI-SVT said:
How does someone get "stuck" on train tracks? Blocked in by traffic maybe? You're not supposed to stop across the tracks anyway.
I had some old bitch slam on her brakes for a yellow light and stop on the WRONG side of the tracks. This left me on the tracks, stuck behind her, and the fuckin geezer wouldnt move, probly didnt even know i was there despite all the honking. I couldnt get around her because of oncoming traffic and a GIANT curb so I backed up, but the person behind me had pulled too far forward and didnt think she had space to move back w/o hitting the person behind her cuz women can't judge distance for SHIT. Well anyhoo, theres no way around it, im in the awd 500 so if there was grass or anything to go through, i woulda gone through the shit to get off the tracks. I looked everywhere, couldnt find anywhere to go. Then a train started coming, the gate came down on TOP of the car, freaked me out, the bitch behind me STILL wouldnt move even though i was looking back, yelling, honking, waving my hands signaling her to go backwards, so i put it in reverse and pushed her dodge durango back far enough to get me off the tracks. Guess she found out that she DID have room behind her after all. Fucked up my bumper and was my fault, that's the story of my first and only accident.
 

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
4,684
Reaction score
0
N20GT said:
I had some old bitch slam on her brakes for a yellow light and stop on the WRONG side of the tracks. This left me on the tracks, stuck behind her, and the fuckin geezer wouldnt move, probly didnt even know i was there despite all the honking. I couldnt get around her because of oncoming traffic and a GIANT curb so I backed up, but the person behind me had pulled too far forward and didnt think she had space to move back w/o hitting the person behind her cuz women can't judge distance for SHIT. Well anyhoo, theres no way around it, im in the awd 500 so if there was grass or anything to go through, i woulda gone through the shit to get off the tracks. I looked everywhere, couldnt find anywhere to go. Then a train started coming, the gate came down on TOP of the car, freaked me out, the bitch behind me STILL wouldnt move even though i was looking back, yelling, honking, waving my hands signaling her to go backwards, so i put it in reverse and pushed her dodge durango back far enough to get me off the tracks. Guess she found out that she DID have room behind her after all. Fucked up my bumper and was my fault, that's the story of my first and only accident.
way to take it into your own hands. DUMB BITCHES CANT DRIVE
 

SinisterSilverGT

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
ILLINI-SVT said:
I am seriously amazed, shocked at how many people actually try to go around crossing gates.
i have at least 2-3 cars run around the gates each day at work, most don't even seem to look for a train coming, just floor it and run around the gates. i personally think that most people that get hit by a train despite all the safety devices, 2 headlights and 2 ditch lights, horn that can be heard for several miles, crossing gates with flashing lights, and simple common sense kinda deserve it. even before i worked on the railroad, i always stopped short of any tracks unless i knew i would have room to clear on the other side. and a slow moving train coulda done the damage in the first pic if it was moving slow and stopped after only a coupla feet. otherwise it's either gonna blow the car to pieces, throw it off the tracks, or grind it down like a cheese grater. sorry, just had to contribute :nono:
 
OP
Big Cam Z28

Big Cam Z28

banned from CorvetteForum
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
0
ok, ok. he was STUCK as in:

there was a train. he couldn't go anywhere. you know, just sitting there idling in the street until the train ends.

and yes, it did have 99 SVT rims
 

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Joined
Mar 3, 2006
Messages
19,690
Reaction score
54
Location
Lake Zurich
damnit :( it was a polish kid with pock marks all over his face.... meh its ok...I miss the car but not all that much...i`ll get another one soon.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom