• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

My weekend changes

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Had to shelf my rail project until I source a good regulator (need to fab into rails), so I played with my exhaust again. My system consists of a mandrel bent 3" DP (with venturi cone insert) into 3" high flow cat, Magnaflow 30" body /36" length / 6" diameter / 3" id muffler, into 3" mandrel bent to 2/14" split to Ractive mufflers. It sounded deep and mean, but with the car lowered the big Magnaflow was scraping speedbumps, and I was never convinced that VE was maximized with it like this. So I got some flowmaster 3" to 21/2" reducers, and put one on each end of a Magnaflow 20" body / 4" diameter / 2 1/2" id muffler. After welding it in, I noticed a lot better throttle reponse, and overall it runs much stronger. :D
And, my intake tube was starting to get rusty since I never painted it, so I figured I'd clean it up. I wanted to try the faux anodized stuff anyway to check it out. I picked up the "metalcast" anodized finish system at Wal-Mart. Consists of a silver metallic base, and a red tinted clear (also comes in many other colors). After scuffing up the tube after removing the rust, hit it with some prep clean. Sprayed on 2 coats of the base, waited 1/2 hour. Then sprayed 1 coat of the tint, then baked it for 20 minutes at 275 F. Cooled it down for a half hour, then put on one more coat of tint and baked again. I have to say, am very impressed at the results for a spraycan system, and highly reccomend this stuff. Obviously, I have to see how it will weather, but my best hunch is that it will hold up well from how well it cured. I went ahead and did my fender braces, and will do a few more things with this stuff.

J.E.T.

Reaction score
You still married Ron? :blink: ;) Where do you find the time?!!? :rolleyes:

Do you mean Ractive mufflers or TIPS?

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Aug 23 2004, 10:30 AM
You still married Ron? :blink: ;) Where do you find the time?!!? :rolleyes:

Do you mean Ractive mufflers or TIPS?

J.E.T.
Still married...I got up to work on the car 3:30 am Saturday LOL. She sleeps until 11am, so I get that time to get stuff done. Although she did come down at 5:30am when I was using the sawzall on the exhaust, but at that point I was done cutting. They are Ractive mufflers, kind of the rice variety...2 1/2" id Stainless body with integrated 4" round tip, but they don't look too bad on the car. I had them on for about a year, then took them off for about a year. I just put them back on about 3 weeks ago, when I couldn't stand the drone of just the one muffler with the open pipes (that 3" exhaust takes special measures to not drone)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Dreamcat78@Aug 23 2004, 01:08 PM
your tim the toolman taylor # 2 LOL
Yeah, I think I'm going to end up on some sort of "in a fix" type show. I've got like 20 projects going with no sign of completion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom