• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My track videos at GLD.

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
460 hp
2.76 pulley
Bassani OR/X
Mac 2.5 in catback
Speed Inc. Intake
BF brace
26" ET Streets

I'm actually gonna go this Friday to GLD. Is the alternator fixed? You should head out there.

oh you have the same mods as i do with 5 more hp nothing major. yeah i put the alternator in but i am too scared to go to track for a while now at least untill i can afford things:D
let us know what you run. you should be in 11s regardless IMO. i ran 11.90 with only 2.76 pulley and intake. (of course it was tuned)
good luck:biggthump

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Those are great runs. Your driving well, and your right on the edge of the best you'll ever do with those mods anyway, so why pound it.

Out on the streets that's an 11.2 car, so don't be affraid to take on anything from a roll, much less a dig with Drag radials. That IRS steals about .6 of a second off of us, so don't be fooled by 11.7's, that BEOTCH is QUICK!

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
Those are great runs. Your driving well, and your right on the edge of the best you'll ever do with those mods anyway, so why pound it.

Out on the streets that's an 11.2 car, so don't be affraid to take on anything from a roll, much less a dig with Drag radials. That IRS steals about .6 of a second off of us, so don't be fooled by 11.7's, that BEOTCH is QUICK!

thanks.

here is me racing against a 380fwhp srt-4 from a 60 roll. people told me that my car was pulling like 11.5 sec car. I know my car has 11.5 in it with harder launch. and don't know if 123mph is enough for 11.2s but this thing is quick regardless!:headbang:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c255/elfkonig/?action=view&current=CleanRun1.flv

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
My comments about being an 11.2 car are based on this section at the SVTOA site. Here's the link, put in your Flywheel HP, and your weight with you in the car, ( hopefully you know that) and you'll get an awesome number.
I put in 3975 with 575HP and got an 11.09649 at 122.8361. Good luck.

http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtoaforums/view.php?pg=analyzers

how many hp/tq do i make at the flywheel?:D (455rwhp / 478rwtq)

according to my trap i make 560hp but i know i don't make that much.

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
LMFAO. i did the horsepower calculator and here is the result!

Horsepower Results - 1/4 Mile Method
Your 2003 mustang cobra weighs about 3870 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 11.74 seconds. That means that you've got about 472.71 HP at the wheels, and about 614.52 HP at the flywheel.

:popcorn:

B_Pay

Regular
May 17, 2006
Just got back from the track and no 11's for me...:eek:h:

Best

1.739 60 foot
12.101 s
118.07 mph

On this run I shifted into 2nd early which cost me some time. The other runs were all around the same...highest trap was 119 mph. I cut mainly 1.8X 60 foots. I honestly don't know what I did different to pull the 1.739...maybe I slipped the clutch less on that run:dunno:

I was rev'n to around 5 and slipping the clutch out with the ET streets at 14 psi. What are you doin to launch?

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006

Best

1.739 60 foot
12.101 s
118.07 mph

On this run I shifted into 2nd early which cost me some time. The other runs were all around the same...highest trap was 119 mph. I cut mainly 1.8X 60 foots. I honestly don't know what I did different to pull the 1.739...maybe I slipped the clutch less on that run:dunno:

I was rev'n to around 5 and slipping the clutch out with the ET streets at 14 psi. What are you doin to launch?

i launch at 3k rpm and cut 1.7 60' just slipping the clutch a little (as you see on my video) I ha dmy M/T et streets at 17 psi.

were you bogging off the line? i say rev up however much u want and as soon as you decide to let the clutch off, just floor it right there it bogs and you cuz sh*tty 60'.

your 1.73 60' is very good. i don't know why you couldn't run 11s though. you will get there man.:biggthump

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I cut mainly 1.8X 60 foots. I honestly don't know what I did different to pull the 1.739...maybe I slipped the clutch less on that run:dunno:

ET Streets or Drag Radials? You shouldn't really need to slip the clutch with ET Streets. Depending on track prep, they should dead hook at 4400-5200 rpms.

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
thanks! are you the one with GT500?

No I have a 03 SB cobra, I did not have my car there I was talking to you in the pits when the SB one and GT500 went to run each other.

B_Pay I saw you running last night but never got a chance to talk to you. On a cooler night you will get to the 11's. I was there with a friends T- type and got kicked out after the first run:nono: That is a long drive and a waste of $30 for one pass oh well next time we are going to Byron

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I like the MT ET Streets ( 4ply bias tire) anyway, I like to dump the clutch at 5-5500 somewhere in there and get a about 5' of spin and then hook up and I get a 1.6-1.7 area. Then I have been shifting like a chicken shit and wasting my 60' time, but I have done better it's just that Blasting off the line at 5300 or so is such a rush I think it shocks me into being nice to the car when in fact I should be leaving my foot down and salmm'n that beotch.

I will this fall. I've been chasing Carl long enough. Get me a nice 11.4 @ 120 to end the year.

B_Pay

Regular
May 17, 2006
i launch at 3k rpm and cut 1.7 60' just slipping the clutch a little (as you see on my video) I ha dmy M/T et streets at 17 psi.

were you bogging off the line? i say rev up however much u want and as soon as you decide to let the clutch off, just floor it right there it bogs and you cuz sh*tty 60'.

your 1.73 60' is very good. i don't know why you couldn't run 11s though. you will get there man.:biggthump

I definitely wasn't bogging. I can't tell if i spun any either. With the 60 that I pulled i think I should have been in the 11's. I have to think its my shifting. Either its not fast enough and/or its not at the right rpm. I'll try 6200 rpm instead of 6500 and see if that helps any. I don't think I shift that slow:dunno:

Skyhighsd

Was the T-type black? I saw one run a high 10 second run?

GNXS

I'm on ET Streets. On my second run I rev'd it up and to around 5 and dropped it and spun em bad. I'll try it again and heat the tires up better.

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
I definitely wasn't bogging. I can't tell if i spun any either. With the 60 that I pulled i think I should have been in the 11's. I have to think its my shifting. Either its not fast enough and/or its not at the right rpm. I'll try 6200 rpm instead of 6500 and see if that helps any. I don't think I shift that slow:dunno:

Skyhighsd

Was the T-type black? I saw one run a high 10 second run?

GNXS

I'm on ET Streets. On my second run I rev'd it up and to around 5 and dropped it and spun em bad. I'll try it again and heat the tires up better.

if you weren't bogging then you were leaving the line good with decent 1.7 60' i would expect that thing to roll better and definetely 11s. how was the weather, any belt slip issues? i do have belt slip after 5500rpm slightly and i shift right on 6k rpm sometimes 5800rpm. what did you run/trap on 1/8 mile?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004

Best

1.739 60 foot
12.101 s
118.07 mph

I wouldn't get too discouraged... your MPH is good, are you running the stock clutch too? I like to baseline my day by usually running the car right when I arrive, no cool down, etc.

- These cars as many will tell you do not like to be run back to back on the eatons or any clutch. Heat soak and slippage, two major factors that could happen on your runs. My point in an earlier post was that the stock clutch will slip on it's own when launching hard and almost makes it like an auto launch.

- Weather. DA makes for better runs...

- Shift points...

I think you are a few more launches and a little quicker shifting into gears away from your 11's. Fall/ DA is good to our cars and is where you will get your times often easy. Summer is hit or miss...

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
GNXS

Track conditions play a big part. Yesterday, the simmering heat at Byron made the track a bit greasy and I couldn't even launch at 4,800 without spinning, let alone the 5400-5500 I normally can get away with.

On a good track, I bet you can hook it at 5000 on an ET Street

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Track conditions play a big part. Yesterday, the simmering heat at Byron made the track a bit greasy and I couldn't even launch at 4,800 without spinning, let alone the 5400-5500 I normally can get away with.

On a good track, I bet you can hook it at 5000 on an ET Street

My last trip to RT 66 was like that. I dumpd the clutch at 52-5500 and the tires never spun, and the clutch came on like an automatic. It turned a 1.6?? but I still only shifted to a 11.90.

B_Pay

Regular
May 17, 2006
Still stock clutch and I don't think I have belt slip. The DA wasn't too bad...1900 cooling to 1700 by the end of the night. Using correction factors it should be about 120 - 121 mph traps at 0 DA.

My 1/8 mile traps are consistent 90 mph. I'm gonna lower the shift points to ~6000 and see if I pick up any speed. Doodad what's your trap at the 1/8th? Do you recall what day and time those runs were done at? I'd like to check the DA and compare our times.

I saw a yellow 03 at the track and checked to see if it was you. Two younger kids in it running 115mph with a stock pulley. Maybe yellow is just faster.

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
Still stock clutch and I don't think I have belt slip. The DA wasn't too bad...1900 cooling to 1700 by the end of the night. Using correction factors it should be about 120 - 121 mph traps at 0 DA.

My 1/8 mile traps are consistent 90 mph. I'm gonna lower the shift points to ~6000 and see if I pick up any speed. Doodad what's your trap at the 1/8th? Do you recall what day and time those runs were done at? I'd like to check the DA and compare our times.

I saw a yellow 03 at the track and checked to see if it was you. Two younger kids in it running 115mph with a stock pulley. Maybe yellow is just faster.

i trap 94-95mph. i trapped 93mph on 2000ft D/A.

well, i ran on may 12 2007 11.90@115mph with intake, pulley and tune.

and i ran 11.89@119mph on may 22 2007

when i ran [email protected] D/A was around 700ft and i still trapped 94mph. it was on jun 29 2007

lol, maybe yellow is faster, i trapped 114mph bone stock but air was good, at the beggining of the seasion:headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info