Gaming My Summer Car - Steam Early Access Game

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well that was something :LOL:

Stopped over at the dyno. The car did feel down on power, and it was. Only put out like 105hp and 66tq i think. Tried messing w/ the carbs, that wasn't doing a whole lot, and then I messed w/ the distributor, and man, I never realized how much that effects power. Got that dialed back in and put down this

C226Zt9.jpg

I COULD be more agressive.........but......nah. This is good. I like my pistons where they are.

Then..........as I was leaving. Soon as I got out to the main highway, my alternator belt snapped. :angrys00ls: But luckily I do keep a spare and my tools in my trunk now, so I pulled off to change it as the sun was going down. You can see the locals are really concerned about my safety. Also one of my headlight bulbs burned out too.

rKNHeve.jpg

Or anyones safety. As another car flew by and I literally watched him run down a guy that happened to by trying to cross the road :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CFfucqX.jpg

He stopped for a few seconds.....................................and then took off. :LOL:

GueMj9O.jpg

I just left him there and went back to my car and drove home.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Positioning it for the first time can be tricky, I remember being quite frustrated myself in the beginning :LOL: but once you figure out the positions of the bolts and where the engine needs to be its cake dropping it in. Just get it to about where the bolts should be and just keep checking it to see if you can tighten them

I finally got it. Got it bolted in, rad hoses on, filled oil and coolant. Then started to read up on all the wiring you have to do. It was mid day Saturday so I decided to go to town and get some food, supplies, gasoline, spray paint, etc to pass the time Sunday. Thought to myself, I should go check for the van. Sure as shit it was there! Knocked on door, got the keys, started driving it to town and then proceeded to drive it off the road and into the water trying to stay out of the way of the rally drivers. Quit without saving because I didn’t feel like trying to drag it back home as it wouldn’t start anymore.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
:ROFLMAO: Yeah the wiring wasn't in the game initially but was added in later. Thankfully once its done, its done. Even if you pull the whole engine out theres only like 1 thing that needs to be rewired when you drop it back in.

I spent all last night trying to find the last wrecked car and struck out at every turn. I feel like Ive looked everywhere thats marked on the map. I may have to give up on that and count myself lucky I actually found the other 3. I've heard you can use the msceditor program to cheat and find out where the location is. I watched a short intro tutorial to that program last night and man thats a whole new learning curve. That program is like the ultimate god mode for this game.

Reactions: Outlaw

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Put in some work today. Delivered 2 batches of Kilju and still have enough supplies to start brewing a 3rd, and delivered a load of firewood. Sittin on a nice chunk of cash now. Gonna at least order up the race carb setup now w/ the individual throttle bodies. The only real "performance" part left for me to get after that is the nitrous............but I don't know if I wanna mess w/ that :ROFLMAO:. Think what I might do next is start ordering up the body kit pieces and once i have all those together Ill drop the car at fleetaris so he can straighten all the bodywork before I put those on. The frame may not be COMPLETELY straight, and theres some gaps I can see thru in my passenger door.......when its closed.

My car is also up for inspection again :angrys00ls: Got the race exhaust parts off so I can get the stock stuff swapped back in. Probably good its happening now, since it wont pass w/ that new race carb I'm going to order. Woulda just been one more thing to swap out.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Took my car up for inspection again, and it passed, woo! The whole way driving there I was thinking, man this thing feels slow, is something wrong? But then I remember, oh yeah....I have the stock header and exhaust on. Decided to drop by the dyno on the way back and see what it was putting out, and....... god damn :LOL:

a6FcsjR.jpg

I also forgot to make my order for the damn race carbs when I went into town, so when I got back home I put all my race exhaust stuff back on, slept on it, and went back the next day to put my order in. Now I wait.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Oh yeah....also on that last pull, I snapped another damn alternator belt :angrys00ls: Luckily it happened on the dyno tho and not on the road. Got a new one swapped in and away I went.

ALWAYS keep an alternator belt in your trunk!!! (and tools) But I was at the shop this time, so I just used the shop tools.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Things were going so well.... car was ALMOST done. Literally everything was hooked up as far as wiring, all the bodywork was on minus the hood and grille. I had finally gotten the van, borrowed it twice and was working towards getting it permanently... and somehow I went to sleep and woke up to the cops at my door with an arrest warrant. No fines on the counter, no nothing. TWENTY FUCKING DAYS in jail. I have no idea what I did either. Like not even a little bit. The warrant I was served was illegible with my shitty graphics as well. Looks like I’ll be placing the couch or back seat outside my window so I can Finnish headbutt through the wall, sleep on it and escape next time.

• Wow

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
TWENTY DAYS??? Did you mustang cars and coffee a group of bystanders?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: WTF.

Well at least you'll have some sweet hand tats when you get out of the joint. Grandma wont like them tho.

Fuck :LOL:

Haven't touched the game in a couple weeks. Finally broke its hold over me. I may need to jump back in soon tho.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I have zero idea how or what I did. I literally don’t remember running over a single person. I went to the dance pavilion Saturday night and tried to steal the guys watch but he knocked ME out. I rode the moped there to grab the van, worked on the car the rest of the day, went to sleep and woke up to cops at my door.

I even tried punching until I died of thirst because I remembered that used to get you out. I was cool with not being able to get in and out of my house, I’d just go sleep at the island for all I care. But 20 days in jail is a real buzzkill lol

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So with the editor you're able to cut your jail days down to whatever you want. I went with zero and it immediately drops you off at the bus station in town like it should. I went and grabbed the shit tanker from the sewage plant since I had yet to grab it this go around and drove that home. Finished the wiring on the car, installed the battery and it fired! Holy shit, success. Saved the game immediately lol. It was later in the day by then so I watched some TV and then went to sleep...

Woke up to knocking again.... Greaaaaat. Quit without saving, grabbed the flashlight, case of beer and hopped in the boat and went to the island. Slept on the island, ate/drank and went back to the house (forgot the damn kilju bucket). I guess it changed now where if you get like 40' from the cops they knock you out and arrest you now instead of having to get like 5 feet from them. So that's neat. Got arrested again and quit without saving. Looks like I'll be getting everything I need out of the house and living on the island lol.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
:ROFLMAO: This game is fascinating.

And yeah, there's a lotta useful stuff you can monitor with msceditor (and I think I could use it to find out where that last damn wrecked car is hiding), but I havent messed with it yet because I'm afraid i'll just start using it to cheat the shit out of everything :LOL:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
You can and it’s tempting lol. You can add money, get the parts, etc. My main two “cheats” were shortening the jail sentence and teleporting the van to Tiemo’s shop to get home since the bus passed me twice in the bus stop with my thumb out lol.

I also did remove the tattoos and enabled the wristwatch. Having the watch was something I didn’t feel like waiting another week to try and get lol.

I love that you can check the status on any loose bolts and whatnot with the satsuma as well as see the condition of parts before failure. I saw that the starter was about to shit the bed so I could’ve cheated but went and got one from Fleetari.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Sucks but I think I’m going to have to just restart the game. The jail/cop thing is really getting old. Car should go together much faster now that I’ve got it running/driving once. Probably going to just find the junk cars, deliver firewood and suck shit right away and get the money to buy all the performance parts and wheels/tires.

I said fuck it after having to save and exit to get myself out of jail this last time and enabled the racing header, twin carbs, exhaust and muffler and set the tuning where I wanted in MSCEditor and it was fun, so I’ll probably do it for real this time.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Been a few weeks since Ive touched the game, but I gave back into temptation again today. Fairly boring day tho, as the last time I played I had just dropped my order off at the store for the racing carbs, and that was late on a friday, so I had to get thru the weekend before I could go pick up my part. Did the usual stuff. Delivered a batch of kilju and got another one brewing, chopped a flatbed worth of firewood to be ready for my next call for that (and manage my stress levels) Was raining and storming like crazy all freaking weekend.

But I made it thru, and Monday morning set out to go pick up my new carbs! Was still storming and raining, which sucked, but I made it. Also swung past the landfill on my way home to pick up the empty kilju bottles so i'd have those ready to fill when my next batch ferments.

Anyways, got the carb!

uaukfp1.jpg

Got em in!

vHIfJEA.jpg

And then when I went to went to start my car to warm it up so I could tune them..........my fucking battery died :angrys00ls: First all my gauges and lights were just flickering on and off, which wasnt helping me since I needed to be able to see my A/F gauge to tune it. Then I shut the car off and it was just completely dead after that. My "stock" battery you start the game with was also DOA, cuz I've never put that thing on the charger. Ugh. Jumped in the van, went BACK up to the store, picked up a new battery, and got back home and put it in the car, and then I was able to get the carbs tuned. There's a screw for EACH carb, which seems a bit daunting at first, but theres an "easy" way and a "hard" way to tune them.....I chose the easy way. Think they're dialed in alright. Went for a cruise, damn she pulls now. Still need to get it on the dyno and see what I've gained, but I think I'm done for today. Maybe.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Ugh, now I’m tempted to jump on and start getting my car built. I started the new game, and I did kinda “cheat” by enabling the keys for the shit pumper right off the bat because I have zero idea how you get it. Conveniently died and spawned in town, grabbed the tanker, went to Tiemo’s and bought a dozen sausages, four cases of beer, all the sugar, two yeasts, all the juice, body color and black spray paint for the car body and engine block, two fan belts, oil, coolant, two stroke fuel, a new battery and light bulbs and headed home. Plan is to not leave home until the car is assembled aside from going to the cabin by boat so there’s no chance I can get arrested again.

• Haha
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info