IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
WELP spoke too soon

Q8TNUDW.jpg

damnit!! Fines are, in part, based on your net income, which is from how many jobs you've done, and apparently I've made 45k in this game so far :LOL: (and that doesnt include selling kilju thank god) Im gonna hold off on paying this for a day or so........hopefully the cops don't come to arrest me.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So dump shit in the guys yard as soon as possible. Got it.

I brought my computer home today so I could play a bit. Started new game since I died the last time. Permadeath off this go around. I want to build the car start to finish without dying at least once lol.

Got the front suspension and seats in before the GF started getting mad I was enjoying myself, so, I’ll play tomorrow.

Also annoying you have to be connected to the internet to play. Had to hotspot my phone lol.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp, I paid my fine and then headed STRAIGHT for the island because my stress level was PEGGED. :LOL: Got that back under control, and then went back home, loaded the van up w/ kilju, because I was out of money now, slept, and then delivered it over to the drunk. I had to contend w/ the rally cars because I stayed up too late and wasnt able to get out before they started running, but I made it, with only one minor near head on collision. Thank god any damage to the van gets fixed on game reloads.

Got back home and installed my twin carbs and marker lights!

uGQWaWK.jpg

v8AIEsu.jpg

Definitely picked up a NICE chunk of power w/ the twin carbs. Cant wait to get this thing out on an actual road and run her out. I did tune it a LITTLE more lean than my stock carb, but still plenty safe I think. I probably could go more and get more power.

The marker lights dont seem to work for some reason. I dont know why, I have them wired up, and they dont need bulbs like the headlights. They're supposed to just work when the low beams are on. Will have to research that further. But at least they look cool! That'll do for tonight.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well, good news!

Got the car back on the dyno with the twin carb setup and she made 128hp/83tq!!

APP5bIu.jpg

And here is the speedo COMPLETELY pegged at the top of 4th gear. I'm gonna need a new final gear

90s3JIe.jpg

But before I can worry about that..........now the bad news. I have an engine problem. POSSIBLY related to my previous v-max run :LOL: Got home, and any time the car hit idle it just DIED. Would not stay running at all. First I checked the spark plugs because I read they could cause that if they were bad (and they do need to be replaced periodically). They didn't look BAD, but I threw a new set in anyways. Tried the car again.......NOPE. Well this just got more serious. This means its internal. I was thinking crankshaft because its the original one from the start of the game, so I saved the game, started messing w/ the car, started it up and gave it some revs to keep it running, car was shaking quite violently which definitely means an internal component is bad, pegged it to redline...........and it chunked a piston. Again :LOL: Don't know if that means the crankshaft is OK, or if it caused the piston to blow, but fuck it. I'm going scorched earth. Pulling the engine back out, disassembling everything, and I'm buying a brand new block, crankshaft, pistons probably, we're doing this right.

Gonna be busy.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Another kilju batch delivered, and enough money for new parts!!

New block, pistons, crankshaft and head gasket. Lets see this thing try and blow up on me now. Now to get all this junk reassembled and back into the car.

D6WmSSP.jpg

Speaking of kilju, I found a full bottle left in the van that I missed when I delivered my last batch, so I decided to try it. It definitely gets you drunk! But not so much that you can't function, like the booze bottles :LOL: Wasn't bad actually. But, don't get high on your own supply, my kilju is for selling, not drinking.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I had a chance to really give the game a good sit down and play for a solid chunk of time. I started a completely new game. Went to town and bought two cases of beer, all of the sausages, coffee, sugar, yeast for grandma call, all of the fluids, belt, and a fresh head gasket from Fleetari, went and got the wheels out of the abandoned mansion, came home, unplugged the phone and haven’t left since lol. As of right now the engine, suspension, brake/fuel/exhaust, interior and bodywork minus the front clip is completely assembled. I will be dropping the engine in, filled with fluids and hopefully fired up my next session. I almost damn near need it as a commuter since the van has yet to be around. I’ve been using the tractor as my daily driver. It’s not as irritating as it once was now that I know the route and how to drive the train tracks effectively.

• Haha

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Nice! Now the real fun begins.

I got the engine back in, fired up, messed with the distributor a little bit, re-tuned the carb slightly, I did have to readjust 1 rocker, which was odd, so I'll probably go back thru all of them and make sure they're alright. Resisting every urge to go back into the game right now.

Usually anything that spawns will be around the outhouse. I think there's one spot in there somewhere where a wrecked car could possibly spawn, but that's about it

Reactions: Outlaw

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
She's back on the road! Got everything re-tuned/re-adjusted and took her out for a little dusk hoodless shakedown.

8HKmYjV.jpg

Wanna get this thing back on the dyno, curious to see if it makes any more/less power now w/ the fresh parts. I did tune it a LITTLE safer this time (i think) so it may not be putting out as much. But now its saturday, so I've gotta kill the weekend. For now I'm heading out to the island so I can re-tune myself and maybe if i get up early enough on sunday i'll head over to the landfill to pick up kilju empties . I need to buy more kilju supplies from the shop before I can brew more, but that'll have to wait until the shop is back open on monday

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
How do you brew the Kilju?

You need the bucket/lid from the island cabin, then 6 packets of sugar and 1 packet of yeast, dump that all into the bucket and then take it into the shower and fill it up w/ water. Once its full the water will turn a cloudy brown color, put the lid on immediately! Then just let it sit. You'll hear it bubbling. Once the bubbling stops, its pretty much ready. I think it takes like 2-2 1/2 real time hours to brew. Once you dont hear any more bubbling you can check it by briefly opening the lid, if all the brown shit has settled on the bottom, its ready to go!

To bottle it all you'll need juice bottles from the shop, which he only sells 6 at a time. A full kilju batch can fill 20 bottles, so you just need to keep buying bottles as he restocks and drinking them to empty them. Then once you've filled them bring them over to the drunks house, place one on the table, he'll sample it, and if its top quality he'll pay you top dollar for it. Then unload the rest onto the table and collect your money. I have read to you can place one bottle of good stuff on his table, and then the rest can be water filled bottles to scam him :LOL: but once he finds out...................he'll come to your house and slash the satsumas tires........

Once you've delivered the batch, the empty bottles will appear at the landfill, and you can just go scoop them up and back you go. So really once you have all 20 bottles, your only overhead is the sugar and yeast.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This game reminds of Street Legal Racing. In SLR you can do whatever you want to the car, leave out whatever parts.

You can forget to install the brake rotors and take the car out on track. Or forget to install the cam. Heck, you can opt-out of installing the head-bolts. lol.

I need to boot the game up and record some footage for y'all. You'll laugh your ass off when I hit the nitrous button and unleash 20 bottles on the engine then wrap the car around a tree. And when the wreck is all said and done you can still see your engine idling on the ground about 200 yards away from the car.

• Haha

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Wanted to put some time in tonight. Didnt really get too much done. Its been storming like crazy. Stood on my dock for awhile and just watched the lightning, there were actually some pretty intense strikes :LOL: but I couldnt manage to caputure any of the good ones

DJn5On4.jpg

Delivered another load of firewood in a total downpour, that was fun. My phone kept ringing during the storm. NOPE. You can actually die from getting electrocuted by your phone if you answer it during a thunderstorm :LOL:

That was about it for tonight. Hopefully next time I play the weather clears and I can take the car over to the dyno again, and drop into town to pick up more kilju supplies

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Positioning it for the first time can be tricky, I remember being quite frustrated myself in the beginning :LOL: but once you figure out the positions of the bolts and where the engine needs to be its cake dropping it in. Just get it to about where the bolts should be and just keep checking it to see if you can tighten them

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Havent had a chance to play this for a few days, but looks like they just released a new small patch

-Grandma now pays less if you have a prison tattoo
-Increased tolerance of grandma not hitting the car soon after getting out
-Phone cannot be answered with helmet on or if both hands are in use
-Fixed wrecked AI cars toggling driving lights on and off
-Hitting and knocking down a NPC is now considered attempted manslaughter
-Made Satsuma fuel gauge to react ignition ACC mode
-Fixed visual bug with Pistons sometimes missing correct mesh
-Fixed imprecise two day jail sentence after driving over a rally spectator
-Fixed issue with not being able to light a grill after rain
-Fixed Ferndale automatic 2nd gear mode so it changes correctly from first to second

Guess I won't be punching random people anymore :LOL: I wonder if this applies to fighting the drunk guy to get his watch.... Good thing I already have it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info