3800 My screwy windows

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok, my front passanger side window has been in and outta commision since IDD4. Finally last week my back passanger window took a crap as well. I promissed the other half that I would have working windows this upcomming weekend. I however, tried them this morning, and they WORKED!! I was throwing me a celebration party on my way to work. Then, I park in the garage, and later on they stop working again. From what I notice, they will go down when it it freezing outside, and will not roll down when it is at least 40+ degrees. Im wondering if I can make this a DIY project to fix them, or just use my warranty and fix both windows.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
if its the window motor and regualtor is sold together if those need to be replaced....$220 bucks for my drivers window.

how much is your deductible?

it might just be the switch too.
the next time its not working, if you're around one of us, we can swap the switch and see if thats the problem.

edit*when it happens, is it hte same result from all window switches or just the drivers one?*...if its both nevermind my previous statement.

lol

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Fish when you are opening the windows which switch are you using?

Are you using the main one on the drivers door?
Or do you to the actual window and use that switch and it works?

The main 4 cluster switch on the drivers side tends to go bad. I have replaced mine befor. For some reason the contacts under the plastic button wear out over time. Only thing to do is to replace it if this is the cause.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Did you try going to the actual window adn try that switch?

Try that and let me know.

If you want we can take the door panel off and try the window again. It might also be the window regulator cabel got twisted up. Thats what happened to mine and that caused the motor to burn up.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
I can get just about any other car power window assembly for really cheap though, lemme know if you guy need them, for anything from hot rods, to imports. Just no grand prix's from 97 +

also shaved handle kits, door poppers, linear actuators, truck tonneau cover lift kits, tailgate lift kits, power door locks, and much more

lemme know if you want a catalog, or check out www.electric-life.com

i'l hook you guys up with discounts. and www.talegator.com

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If it makes a difference or not, but the whole driver cluster is just sitting in the spot. I went outside cause someone posted pics on how to take it off, and the top clip was broken. For now, the front passanger window works, and the back one doesnt. Ill try from the actual switch and let ya know Alex.

I

imported_GraFFix

I remember reading on club GP a while ago about someone complaining about very slow windows or non-working windows..I think it was charles?

what he did was take the door panels off and cleaned out the tracks that lift and lower the window...I guess with the greese the factory uses and all the dirt that collects on it it gets gunked up..after he cleaned it and regreased it he said they were like brand new again...could be something to check into?

I know, i have a similar problem with the windows that im hoping doing that will fix..im just lazy :) mine work but when its real cold they strain alot to open and close heh

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info