3800 My races back in Ohio

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I drove to Ohio to get my PCM, and visit friends while I was out there. My first race was Team Penske's Turbod 626. I gave him the head start, and then I floored it. I passed him at 65 and continued to pass him all the way up to 130.....with me 6 cars ahead and still pulling.

I ran the Mustang GT that runs 13.8's, and won by 2 cars.....his rear end broke...but still I was pulling.

I ran a buddies red RX7 turbo from a light. I got him off the light and proceeded to pull 2 cars and gradually pull after that. you could hear him chirp the tires...so I know he was on it. I was happy with this one.

I was on my way home and on 74 headed towrd Illinois in Indiana. I see these wierd lights on a car that I havent seen before. I get closer it is a MF GTO baby yeaha. I see it is a guy driving it with now ball and chain. I proceed to taunt him so bad. It was 12am...no other cars on the road. I fianlly got him to take the bait. He floors it then I floor it. I pull on him, and keep pulling , and pull, and pull. When we let off at 130 I was 6 cars ahead. This brought a HUGE smile to my face. I wanted one of those sooooo bad, and still do, but I am happy I beet it in my lil V6.

When I got back I ran my friends red mustang GT...its a 95 with the 4.6. I pull so hard on him its insane. When I stopped at 80 I was 4 cars on him.

I would like to thank Intense for making this possible!

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Nice kills!!! By the way I like how you threw that in "It was 12am with no one on the road" You probably have noticed ppl bashing ppl for racing and it bothers them that someone actually enjoys modding and driving the car to see its true potential. Congrats bro and just be safe and keep killing those cars with your GTP!!!!

Leo

F

fastcash

yeah, what are your mods? you beat all fairly easily <_< even a 350 hp gto, which is lighter than yours...from a roll...mmmm, just wondering.

oh, and the turbo got a head start???? i would think that by the time you jumped he was well into boost...was it a ten mile race that allowed your car to get over 135 and beat him? :ph34r:

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by Kiran2001@Nov 5 2004, 07:49 PM
Pulling on a GTO sounds like some BS to me.
[snapback]59386[/snapback]​

I got the head start against the RX7...he was looking over at me when the light turned green..I went then he went...but I stayed 2 cars ahead of him.

My stories are not BS.
I have the following mods:

Thrasher CAI, 3.2 ZZP pulley, Intnese PCM, Autolite 104's, Spirio 8mm wires, larger tensioner, Gatorback, bypass valve, and all the free mods from ZZP.

Scanned it...have 0KR until middle of 3rd gear now with the new PCM. no exhaust mods..but I am buying Syps manifolds next.

I dont care if you dont believe me. I suprised myself with that one. I am very happy with my car. I ran another GTP here in town and only lost by 5 feet.

C

Charged97

Originally posted by GTPPWR@Nov 5 2004, 01:23 PM

When I got back I ran my friends red mustang GT...its a 95 with the 4.6.  I pull so hard on him its insane.  When I stopped at 80 I was 4 cars on him.

The GT's had the 5.0 up until 95. They didn't start the 4.6 until 96. It wouldn't have mattered though. :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Charged97+Nov 8 2004, 06:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GTPPWR
@Nov 5 2004, 01:23 PM

When I got back I ran my friends red mustang GT...its a 95 with the 4.6.  I pull so hard on him its insane.  When I stopped at 80 I was 4 cars on him.

The GT's had the 5.0 up until 95. They didn't start the 4.6 until 96. It wouldn't have mattered though. :lolsign:
[snapback]59583[/snapback]​
[/b]

Dont quote me, but I believe you can get a 4.6 or a 5.0 in 95 IIRC. Like I said, dont quote me.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Fish+Nov 9 2004, 12:10 AM-->
Originally posted by Charged97@Nov 8 2004, 06:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-GTPPWR

Dont quote me, but I believe you can get a 4.6 or a 5.0 in 95 IIRC. Like I said, dont quote me.
[snapback]59667[/snapback]​
[/b]

No sir... 94's and 95' (as identified by their horizontal tail lights) are 5.0s still as well as being OBD-I. 96' was the first year of the 4.6 moduturd motor and the first year for OBD-II. These can be identified by their vertical tail lights and by their extreme lack of power, handling, and looks. :)

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Mike K+Nov 9 2004, 01:09 AM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Nov 9 2004, 12:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GTPPWR

No sir... 94's and 95' (as identified by their horizontal tail lights) are 5.0s still as well as being OBD-I. 96' was the first year of the 4.6 moduturd motor and the first year for OBD-II. These can be identified by their vertical tail lights and by their extreme lack of power, handling, and looks. :)
[snapback]59670[/snapback]​
[/b]

HA yeah, they didnt know what they were doing at all when they first started that 4.6

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Mike K+Nov 9 2004, 01:09 AM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Nov 9 2004, 12:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GTPPWR

[/b]

Ahh, like I said. Wasnt sure. Probably thinking about another car. :lolsign:

F

fastcash

so, your saying his story is "hhhmmmmmm"?
<_<

Originally posted by GTPPWR+Nov 8 2004, 02:39 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kiran2001
@Nov 5 2004, 07:49 PM

I got the head start against the RX7...he was looking over at me when the light turned green..I went then he went...but I stayed 2 cars ahead of him.

My stories are not BS.

Thrasher CAI, 3.2 ZZP pulley, Intnese PCM, Autolite 104's, Spirio 8mm wires, larger tensioner, Gatorback, bypass valve, and all the free mods from ZZP.

Scanned it...have 0KR until middle of 3rd gear now with the new PCM. no exhaust mods..but I am buying Syps manifolds next.

I dont care if you dont believe me. I suprised myself with that one. I am very happy with my car. I ran another GTP here in town and only lost by 5 feet.
[snapback]59542[/snapback]​
[/b]

Congrats on the wins.

I do have to say though that you're mods are really not anywhere near close to pull on a GTO above 100MPH... especially 6 car lengths. I ran a M5 completely stock on the highway and we were head to head. Your mods couldnt ever put that bad of a beating unless the one true constant remains true..... he wasnt racing.

If you dont believe me we could put the theory to the test, and give it a run. If you can hang within a car length or two from 70 MPH to 130 I will be shocked. But you wont put any lengths on me.

Take the kill when you got it, even if they werent racing.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by blitzu+Nov 11 2004, 01:01 AM-->
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Nov 8 2004, 02:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kiran2001
@Nov 5 2004, 07:49 PM

My stories are not BS.

[snapback]59542[/snapback]​

Congrats on the wins.

I do have to say though that you're mods are really not anywhere near close to pull on a GTO above 100MPH... especially 6 car lengths. I ran a M5 completely stock on the highway and we were head to head. Your mods couldnt ever put that bad of a beating unless the one true constant remains true..... he wasnt racing.

If you dont believe me we could put the theory to the test, and give it a run. If you can hang within a car length or two from 70 MPH to 130 I will be shocked. But you wont put any lengths on me.

Take the kill when you got it, even if they werent racing.
[snapback]59985[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'll take a piece of that and I'm serious. I'd love to see where I would stand from a 50ish roll. :)

F

fastcash

think about this...he says no kr till the middle of third? that would mean his motor would pull timing about the sam time that the goat was shooting rubber on his windshield! 3.2 with no kr on NO exhaust mods it's crap! and this guy pm's me saying he'll prove it and i should scan the car with him. i don't need to. he said our cars are different and perform different. well they must have accidentally dropped a ws 6 motor in his car :lolsign: B) :lolsign:

:bsflag:

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I could see the other 2 cars being beat, especially if the RX7 was just sitting on the line and didn't know they were racing at first, but the GTO is just rediculous. The reason being your mod list. You have no top end mods what so ever besides the pcm. No cam, no rockers, no headers, i mean your exhaust is stock. Not trying to call you a liar but the ls1's don't screw around from 50 on up. If you had some of those mods i'd say you might be closer. On my last car i had 1.9's, ported manifolds with full exhaust and a 3.25 pulley, but that didn't do jack sh*t on my friends camero SS, he gave me a beating.

tommmy3

Regular
Dec 19, 2008
but that didn't do jack sh*t on my friends camero SS, he gave me a beating.

i DONT HAVE 1.9's yet and only a 3'4, PCM, Borla, and MSP CAI and I raced an SS to 103 MPH and he only had about 2-3 feet or a nose on me - so .......... :D :p

afterwards he was shocked :eek:

and said damn i didnt think those things were that fast. :D

oh
And I also raced an 04 GTO on the highway from 70-100 and he got no where on me - literally no where at all! and yes he was racing!

F(all)YI

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Originally posted by tommmy3@Nov 16 2004, 11:39 PM
but that didn't do jack sh*t on my friends camero SS, he gave me a beating.

i DONT HAVE 1.9's yet and only a 3'4, PCM, Borla, and MSP CAI and I raced an SS to 103 MPH and he only had about 2-3 feet or a nose on me - so .......... :D :p

afterwards he was shocked :eek:

and said damn i didnt think those things were that fast. :D

oh
And I also raced an 04 GTO on the highway from 70-100 and he got no where on me - literally no where at all! and yes he was racing!

F(all)YI
[snapback]60571[/snapback]​

All i have to say about the 04 GTO = Auto. And my friend could drive stick VERY well. It depends if someone knows how to drive or not with a manual. Maybe he couldn't....... :rolleyes:

F

fastcash

you have an exhaust, gtppower has none. he claims his car is fast...bs...i'm with blitzu on this one all the way. i test drove a goat and it was sick, ( both stick, and not, obviousy the manual is giving it more, but both fast nonetheless) faster than my car and i have plugs, 3.4, cai, ehaust, belts, and zzp freemods, full synthetic fluids( 'cept trans) and run 100 octane religiously. :ph34r:

It's not like I am against GTP's but coming from one that ran 12's I know what they are capable of... take a look at the garage and you can see that it had about 20times the amount of big mods than that one that "beat" the GTO listed. And supposidly "top end" mods.... but in a GTP there is no top end... no matter really what you do (cam, IC, PCM) none of those mods will make a difference that will put up a fight against a V8 that is made to run hard on the top end. They just arent top end cars.... good for the quartermile but that is about it.

I about sh*t myself the first time I ran the car above 80... completely stock the GTO pulled harder than my GP ever did, and was QUITE noticable.... actually freaking scary!

It doesn't pick up as fast as the GP did from 0-60 but after that is when the GTO comes alive.

Unless your car is modded heavily over what my old GPs mods were I wouldnt believe you in a million years that you pulled on one on the top end. No offense, but I have been there and done that. The only way you would pull 6 cars lengths is if you had 600 HP, or the GTO wasnt racing. Those are facts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info