My pissed off rant!!!!!

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
FUCK my GRAND PRIX. Im getting so sick of it. I spent that 140.00 on that dam belt wrap kit and even put the 3.0 pulley on instead of the 2.8 just to ensure further that i would not have belt slip anymore and guess what, drove the car yesterday and sure enough it still slipps. I cant make over 10lbs of boost, my belt is starting to make shavings and dust everywhere. O, and the pulley on that belt wrap kit now has black marks on it. Isnt that nice. I should make over 10lbs of boost with my mods Im sure of it. Maybe I just need someone to look at it. Im just so pissed off, I thought I would be past this.. What do you guys think? How do you guys stop the belt from slipping??? Why would I not passd 10 lbs of boost? I do have the ported and polished stage 3 zzp supercharger, would that make me run less boost???

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well r u sure it's slipping or are you just going off of how much boost you're making? 10lbs is a tad low, but who knows maybe your setup is just really efficient. I only make 11-12lbs of boost on my setup with a 3.0 on a gen v :dunno:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Whats to say the belt tentioner isnt the problem? Post up a scan.

also IN for the 8-rib setup...

Ok, im going to say this and PLEASE dont start with me. How exactly do you scan. I know how to make all those little boxes come up like boost, a/f,ect. To scan I assume you mean make it record something right? I dont no exactly how to do that. I can drive it this weekend so let me know guys..

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I agree here, do it.

And the dhp guys should be on in a bit to help you out with the scanning.

Ok, Ill put the 2.8 back on saturday morning. I have to go look at a house in Lake more so I have to go down rt 12 so that will be the perfect time to do it. Ill wait to see something from the DHP guy so I can get an idea on how to use my 5-hundo paper weight!

Thanks 10sec

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Well r u sure it's slipping or are you just going off of how much boost you're making? 10lbs is a tad low, but who knows maybe your setup is just really efficient. I only make 11-12lbs of boost on my setup with a 3.0 on a gen v :dunno:

ALSO, if your only making 11-12 lbs of boost doesnt that mean your making less power? I always thought the more boost the more power it makes. If the superchargers improved why exactly does it make less power???

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007

Panda Panda, you crazy Panda, hey thanks for this link. I printed every page of this and will make a binder out of it. I think this is a good place for me to start so that one day I can do tunes and things by myself. I still would be more comfortable if I had someone to show me the ropes but reading the info gives me a better idea what to do.

Thanks..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info