My new PB results from Byron - 9/18

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I went to Byron yesterday with the Chicagoland Mustang Club and ended up running a full second faster than last time I was there with TCG.

Got to the track yesterday at 830. Waited for it to stop raining, the track to dry and after prepping - we got racing at about 2:30 :angrys00ls: Great thing was there was no one there and I got more runs in the 3 hours of racing than I ever have of a full day there. I was hot-lapping it every 10-15 minutes. haha

My best was a 12.670 @ 111.50 with a 2.004 60'. (Last time, I was a mid to high 13 second machine...) This time I had a full exhaust with no exhaust leaks. ALSO, I picked up some gently used 275 nittos on some stock 17x8 rims for $100 that I used. They worked well, but was still somewhat a struggle for traction launching. People watching were saying when I was hitting boost in 1st and 2nd, the tires would start spinning... :(

I never really got a good launch, I need more practice as my best 60' was that 2.004. I kept either bogging it or ripping the tires through first. My times were better when I was bogging it...

Here's a vid of my first run of the day. Vid was focused on the other car, but you can see me and my 13.256 @ 110.48 with a 2.350 60' vs that fox knocking out a 12.1 @ 115 and it was the drivers first run at a track ever haha

I hope I can hit 11's by the end of the season. :x: :hsd:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I don't remember seeing if you had posted that you wanted to buy those wheels, but I would have strongly advised against the purchase. Yes, they have improved your ET, but you would have been better off saving for / buying a true track set-up. I know it was only $100, but that money would have been better spent on some 15*10's. I haven't been able to break my tires loose off the line with my drag wheels/tires. Yes, I spent $700-800 on them, but they're well worth it. If we both find a date to be at Byron together, I'll let you take a pass on my set-up. I can almost guarantee that you can launch as hard as you want and still have excellent traction. But if you're worried about your 8.8, I understand not wanting to try it.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I don't remember seeing if you had posted that you wanted to buy those wheels, but I would have strongly advised against the purchase. Yes, they have improved your ET, but you would have been better off saving for / buying a true track set-up. I know it was only $100, but that money would have been better spent on some 15*10's. I haven't been able to break my tires loose off the line with my drag wheels/tires. Yes, I spent $700-800 on them, but they're well worth it. If we both find a date to be at Byron together, I'll let you take a pass on my set-up. I can almost guarantee that you can launch as hard as you want and still have excellent traction. But if you're worried about your 8.8, I understand not wanting to try it.

They are really just a band-aid for the track. I can't afford $700-800 for a track setup this season and I was going to be disappointed if this entire season, I was only in the 13's... Who knows, maybe beginning of next season, I buy a new track tire setup and unload these I currently have for $50. I'll eat $50 to get into the 12's this season.

I'll probably take you up on your test drive offer :bigthumb: No 8.8 noises yet!

Congrats Aaron! I know you've been waiting awhile for the times to really start coming down... cant wait to see what the car can do with a 1.7 60' :eek:

*EDIT* Is that trap really low for the 60 time? You arent on full Psi kill mode right?

I don't know what I would ET with a 1.7 60'... :husgh:

Trap seems slow to me too since I was pulling mid 13's at 110-111 last time at the track... And I'm running the most boost I'll run on a stock 2v. 8.5 psi :s00ls:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
couple things... first you should have paid mark 100 bucks to run his setup at the track a couple times before the year is out

also, if you were trapping 110-111 at the track last time with a much worse 60, then that makes perfect sense as far as teh car making more power now... im pretty sure your trap should go down with a much lower 60, so actually the 111-112mph seem perfectly fine

im just looking at marks car with quite a great launch and still out trapping your car... im probably wrong cause im thinking about fwd s/c 3800 but hey who knows

congrats again man

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I was thinking you should even be slightly less likely to break the tires loose on my set-up since I make full boost leaving at 2k and my tires don't even chirp. We'll see if we can find a date when we're both free. How does the first weekend of October look for you?

I bet a 1.7X would put you right around 12.00.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
couple things... first you should have paid mark 100 bucks to run his setup at the track a couple times before the year is out

also, if you were trapping 110-111 at the track last time with a much worse 60, then that makes perfect sense as far as teh car making more power now... im pretty sure your trap should go down with a much lower 60, so actually the 111-112mph seem perfectly fine

im just looking at marks car with quite a great launch and still out trapping your car... im probably wrong cause im thinking about fwd s/c 3800 but hey who knows

congrats again man

I wouldn't take $100 unless he was making a lot of passes. I'd say that I'd let him have a couple passes for the price of $lunch.99 at Byron.

I don't know if I would call my launches 'great', I'd probably go with 'good'. I'm only leaving the line at about 2k rpm. I think I still have a bit left on the table with my 60'. I'm not fully utilizing my stall speed of 3,200rpm.

But I got my 11 this year, so I'm happy for now. I think my best trap so far was on my 12.00 pass at 114.7mph.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I wouldn't take $100 unless he was making a lot of passes. I'd say that I'd let him have a couple passes for the price of $lunch.99 at Byron.

I don't know if I would call my launches 'great', I'd probably go with 'good'. I'm only leaving the line at about 2k rpm. I think I still have a bit left on the table with my 60'. I'm not fully utilizing my stall speed of 3,200rpm.

But I got my 11 this year, so I'm happy for now. I think my best trap so far was on my 12.00 pass at 114.7mph.

ah, yea I didnt mean to come across as a dick with my post, just had a thought and was hoping you'd let him use your setup, all the better for just practically pennies :) ...

i wish i could do a 1.65 60' and consider it "good" :bowrolf:

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
ah, yea I didnt mean to come across as a dick with my post, just had a thought and was hoping you'd let him use your setup, all the better for just practically pennies :) ...

i wish i could do a 1.65 60' and consider it "good" :bowrolf:

I wouldn't say you were coming across as a dick for the $100 suggestion. It's nice though that people would think to compensate someone though for using their set-up. I offered Flatliner some money when he let me use his MT's, but he wouldn't take anything.

I think a great 60' for me would be something in the super-low 1.6X's or a high 1.5X. There is still time this season to do it, but I'm not going to cry if it doesn't happen.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I was thinking you should even be slightly less likely to break the tires loose on my set-up since I make full boost leaving at 2k and my tires don't even chirp. We'll see if we can find a date when we're both free. How does the first weekend of October look for you?

I bet a 1.7X would put you right around 12.00.

I think they would do a lot to help my 60'. But stick cars have more launch shock than an auto. I'd probably go for a 5k rpm launch to help be in boost and not bog it!

I think I could do the 2nd or 3rd. Byron of course, b/c no other track is going to let non-roll bar'd verts run 11's. :s00ls:

I would be willing to compensate for a try with your tires - food, entrance fee, etc. :)

We can see who else would want to head back. I think there's many others that want to hit the track again after the FMS track day.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
:noes:

rsz_smack_talk.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info