My new KTM all cleaned up after first ride.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Man this bike is AWESOME!! Rode it for its first two hours on Sunday. Im super sore too. Shoulders and knees. But it was worth it. I hit the trails and tracks over at Rocky Glen in Rockford. The trails were a blast. I might not be as into MX as I thought I would be. Maybe its because their tracks are just rutted to shit. Not maintained like a real local track would be.

But the trails were a blast. They are mostly single track with some wider trails available. But I was squaring off corners and cracking this thing coming out pulling wheelies and whatnot. This bike is a monster. I cant imagine what a 450 would be like out there. This is PLENTY. Just ordered my pro moto billet kick stand. I should be set now to ride with the little guy. Me and him spent some time on the kid track also. And he crashed as expected. And I had to lay my bike down to help him. Man that was hard to do. But the kick stand should be here before next weekend. And also I have the electric start now. Thats money. Anyway, I have lots to get now. And Im so glad this hobby is so much cheaper than cars. Heres a pic of the bike after I washed it on monday morning. Its just sick.

ARST2UR.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
this is the main reason i got rid of mine. there weren't any places close enough that i could rip for an hour or two and go home.

So this is kind of a weird situation. You really need to be in with the people that are in the know. I have some people I've met that say they have private land they either have permission to ride on, or they own land. And one guy I know now says he has a private track. I've been invited with my son, but its not close.

The trick is to keep ears open or ask when at the tracks to see where people practice at. There was a place in carpentersville just down the street off of 25, where you could ride. It was "legal" because the land owner didnt give a shit. And when I used to race back in the 90's, it was a great place to ride. I havent been back there since 1998ish, so I have no idea what its condition is or accessibility.

Currently Im looking for more of those secret or private places to ride. And in the meantime, Rocky Glen is pretty awesome. Their trails are extensive and varied in skill level. Most are beginner to intermediate. But there are trails on the back section where you'd better be ready to hike out from. See below for the link to where I used to ride.

https://earth.google.com/web/@42.14311991,-88.25491495,259.36788471a,1466.46404834d,35y,0h,0t,0r

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
FWIW

"Gaver's" is officially closed.

Yeah I saw that. I watched a buddy sink a few week old Z71 silverado back there around 2000.

That river road offroad park in McHenry is talking about opening an ATV/MX area in spring. I was in contact with whomever runs their FB page. Thats what I was told a few months ago. Man I hope that happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info