🔧 BUILD My new home away from home project - 71 c10

Drago

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Shawano WI
Real Name
Tom
TDY in SoCal till February for another Air Force tech school. My dumbass brought cash with knowing damn well I’d find something clean to tinker with while I’m out here. Didn’t even make it 2 weeks..

I present my new to me 71 c10, straight 6 (don’t even know which one) and granny low 4 speed. Dude had whitewalls from his 64 impala on it for the pictures and I talked him into letting them go with it.

Holy shit does this thing sing rpm at anything over 60mph

63F770CB-B966-4359-BA46-031BF1BB54FC.jpeg

F1E003A7-F05B-4F81-8483-9459BC8B2455.jpeg

Drago

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Shawano WI
Real Name
Tom
Auto Hobby shop on base here is the last one in the southwest, and they’re going to be shutting it down within the next couple weeks/months. If anybody knows someone out here (like between Bakersfield and LA) with a shop or even just a garage where I could possibly work on this thing I’d be more than willing to make some sort of arrangements!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Probably a 250 or 292. Intake it, exhaust it and boost it is my vote. Even a mild hx35 to 60-1ish turbo would rock. Less gear after.

Richard Holdner has done some stuff with these. HEI would a good upgrade if it isn't already done. I am betting you could even get a computer controlled one if the year is right from a later model truck....

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Probably a 250 or 292. Intake it, exhaust it and boost it is my vote. Even a mild hx35 to 60-1ish turbo would rock. Less gear after.

Richard Holdner has done some stuff with these. HEI would a good upgrade if it isn't already done. I am betting you could even get a computer controlled one if the year is right from a later model truck....

Should be a 250, 292s came in 3/4 and above only I believe unless it got swapped in. Which I hope it did. You can tell with photos or block casting numbers.

Yes turbo is the way with these.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Drago

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Shawano WI
Real Name
Tom

I’ve been following Holdeners atlas 4200 series closely and after mulling this over for a few days I think that might be what I want to do with it paired with an AR5 from a Colorado. Stock for now just so I can drive the thing home, then turbo later on.

Company online sells rear sump pan and a billet flywheel now that I’m thinking would make it a very straightforward swap

trans is incredibly sloppy and I think it might need some bearings, if I’m digging into it that far it’s getting something with fuel injection and 5-6 gears

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I’ve been following Holdeners atlas 4200 series closely and after mulling this over for a few days I think that might be what I want to do with it paired with an AR5 from a Colorado. Stock for now just so I can drive the thing home, then turbo later on.

Company online sells rear sump pan and a billet flywheel now that I’m thinking would make it a very straightforward swap

trans is incredibly sloppy and I think it might need some bearings, if I’m digging into it that far it’s getting something with fuel injection and 5-6 gears

Bub Bub keeps telling me to Atlas mine...

• Love
Reactions: Bub

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Crap, wrong truck

giphy.gif

Reactions: Drago

Thread Info