my new car.....

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
i am a happy new 1G owner. i have been looking for a new go fast have fun car for a bit now and so i started looking at dsms and my friend of mine found one for me, so last saturday morning we went and looked at it and a couple of hours later i got a 93 6 bolt swap gsx!! but im not a complete newbe when it comes to dsms, i have helped a couple of my friends work on their dsms.

but my car has a freshly rebuild 6 bolt
SCM61 turbo
web 272
brian crower springs and retainers
3 inch thick fmic
turbo back and all of the other goodies.
it has a 4 bolt rear end waiting to go in along with a brand new 2900 plate

so on sunday morning i started to work on it, first thing i did was a boost leak test and i found a huge leak, welded up that on the upper intercooler piping, then i sold my friends 2g maf off of his car sense it doesnt work right now, and stopped venting the bov. car pulls much harder and better now. just gotta work out the studder before boost. going to do another boost leak test, and change plugs to start with and go from there.

but for some mods that im going to do is get eculink, bigger injectors and some corn and see what kinda damage i could do with that set up.

but now here is the shitty part........ So I really wanted to drive the gsx to work one day after school but its parked at my buddies garage and the key is in his appartment. So I call him up and he said that no one is going to be home for it, so i was like whatever. but after work i stop by to show some of my friends and he comes out to me and was like dude i got some bad news, i was said what happened to it. heres what happened, he thought he would be a nice guy and drive it up to work and give it to me sence he found out that he didnt work that day. so he goes and starts up the car lets it warm up and while he was letting it warm up he checked the fluids and then he took off. once he hit about 35mhp the hood came up and smaked the windsheild and roof, messing up alot of stuff. but what happened is that sence it has a fmic on it the guy before me had to relocate the hood latch, and he just tacked it into place and well that broke on my friend when he was driving. but he said that he will replace everything. so stuff happens and then you move on.

so right now im in the process of swapping the 4 bolt, redoing the IC piping with some T bolt calmps, dsmlink V2, walbro 255 with rewire, getting 2 12 inch slim fans, do another boost leak test, and tune that bitch!

but here is a pic before the hood thing......

0705091400.jpg

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
yaa it is a project alright. but i havent taken some pics of the aftermath i will tomorrow. but we alreaady started fixing the roof (we are just going to bondo it). but this weekend we are going to get alot done on it hopefully. i will have to post up some pics of the progress of it.

Thread Info