3800 My new boat!!! =/

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
The Cobalt SS is now the SS Cobalt at least for a little bit. Drove on a road that didnt look that flooded..... was fine. 500 feet later we hit another area with water. This way wasnt as shallow. Sucked some water in through the intake. doesnt seem to have messed anything up fortunately. still cranks smooth, just water in the lowe rintake we think. Pulled the plugs and had water. after sucking it out multiple times, we decided to use a tow strap and pull it home. Gonna leave work early and come home to pull the blower and possibly the lower intake and make sure all the water is gone........ This sucks =/

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I PROBABLY WONT NEED NEW INTERNALS!...... and if i do, well i guess i just get to purchase some upgraded parts for my car :)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
A while ago my friend drove though a puddle, with his 01 SS, stilled out and hydrolocked his motor. If any of you know the intake setup on F-Bodys the intake is high behind the hood latch, so I have no idea nor do the guys that fixed his car know how this happend. He ended up getting like 6G's from the insurance company for a new motor.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
STREET1.jpg

[hosted by StratusNation.com]

So this is my street currently and the ONLY way to get my house, so the first time i drove through the SES light came on and the car started literally coughing, I shut her off, let her sit in the driveway for a day and started her again the next day, no problem. Only thing I did this time was change the intake to short ram, which now sits just under the hood instead of in front of a wheel well. I think I actually like short-ram better, the car sounds stronger as it is... however I did notice the filter is getting dirty, anyone familiar with how to use that K&N cleaner kit and have tips?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
STREET1.jpg

[hosted by StratusNation.com]

So this is my street currently and the ONLY way to get my house, so the first time i drove through the SES light came on and the car started literally coughing, I shut her off, let her sit in the driveway for a day and started her again the next day, no problem. Only thing I did this time was change the intake to short ram, which now sits just under the hood instead of in front of a wheel well. I think I actually like short-ram better, the car sounds stronger as it is... however I did notice the filter is getting dirty, anyone familiar with how to use that K&N cleaner kit and have tips?
[/b]

I dont even get why you people would even attempt to drive through water like that with a car...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info