TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The e9x comp package is garbage.
-Electronic Damping Control with new Sport mode mapping
-19” wheels (style 359M) with performance tires
-Lowered M suspension
-Modified DSC mapping

Meh lol... The main thing I'm concerned about are the wheels (love them) and the tighter steering ratio is the thing i'm most intersted in.

This is the E46 M3 with the comp. package for those of you wondering lol....

http://www.looseboltsmotorsports.com/images/M3/M39S.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Wheels are the easiest thing to change on a car. The tighter steering really that important to you? If I was looking to get an e46, I'd want a LSB.

Yeah, I've driven them both and can definatley feel the difference. the differnt mode on the DSC and the big brakes are definatley something I want as well. Mine will be one of these three colors,

-Interlagos Blue
-Alpine White
-Sterling Gray (to match the E39)

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
that looks awesome, great looking car especially with the tint and rims

why the smallest I6 though? im sure there is a huge price difference to just step up to a 530, let alone a 540

because this is my daily driver, It's still got plenty of giddup for me and it's rated at 19-27 mpg. and with my job, i have to drive from the northwest suburbs at least once a day, sometimes two or three times, so I need something that gets good gas mileage.

B

Bad00SS

hell yeah I want to sell my durango in the fall and pick up a 330ci like this
MyM3withM6Wheels0121.jpg

mmmm. m6 clone

let me know. I have a titanium silver 330ci that I would consider selling.

w06dee.jpg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
(couldent find a 5 speed for what I wanted to spend :( )

were they more?? i bought an e34 and was shopping around for an e39 recently. manual did not seem to be *that* rare an option for either and i don't recall any premium for having it. this is very different than the e60 i just bought - there seems to be a premium of about 1-3k for manual just out of rarity it seems.

looks good! nice wheels, although i'm guessing that is not optimum for teh wintar. i have 235 and 275 brand new conti dsw's on my 18s, brand new tires from the dealer. cool that they put them for a lot of buyers i guess, i'm not interested in all seasons though so it kind of sucks to be paying for them and looking to jettison them.

Well I'm heavily leaning towards an E46 M3 over the EVO, so you'll most likely have some more M power joining you by late summer/early fall :D

do it, no brainer to me between these two now. i'm partial to ILB too

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
were they more?? i bought an e34 and was shopping around for an e39 recently. manual did not seem to be *that* rare an option for either and i don't recall any premium for having it. this is very different than the e60 i just bought - there seems to be a premium of about 1-3k for manual just out of rarity it seems.

looks good! nice wheels, although i'm guessing that is not optimum for teh wintar. i have 235 and 275 brand new conti dsw's on my 18s, brand new tires from the dealer. cool that they put them for a lot of buyers i guess, i'm not interested in all seasons though so it kind of sucks to be paying for them and looking to jettison them.

do it, no brainer to me between these two now. i'm partial to ILB too

Noo, they werent more retail, I work for a small high end car dealership and this car came in on trade at a toyota dealership we work closely with, they called us to see if we were interested, and I grabbed it for myself lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
lol I see you also have the burban too, same setup as me bimmer + tahoe for snow weather / hauling etc etc :bigthumb:

Haha, yeah, i've had the suburban for a couple months now. It needs alot of work (new rear end and a power steering pump) but I'm going to take care of that stuff in the spring so it can be used as a tow vehicle.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So, the HID is still busted, and the "control module" for it is 650 bucks.... 403 with my wholesale acct. through patrick BMW... If it's what it costs to fix it, i'll pay it, but, i need to make sure that that's my problem for sure. as of right now, the light flickers on when you turn the lights on, but immediatley goes out. I dont think the bulb is the problem, but... there could be a crack in it, and immediatley after it goes on the gas escapes and it goes out? sounds alittle bit out there, but who knows.... I'm just trying to think of anything that would be cheaper to fix than the module...

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
So, the HID is still busted, and the "control module" for it is 650 bucks.... 403 with my wholesale acct. through patrick BMW... If it's what it costs to fix it, i'll pay it, but, i need to make sure that that's my problem for sure. as of right now, the light flickers on when you turn the lights on, but immediatley goes out. I dont think the bulb is the problem, but... there could be a crack in it, and immediatley after it goes on the gas escapes and it goes out? sounds alittle bit out there, but who knows.... I'm just trying to think of anything that would be cheaper to fix than the module...

check ground

Thread Info