Votes: 40 88.9%
  • No thanks

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i didnt want to clutter the other thread which asked if people would be interested with one of my ideas on where to go, honestly, im making this up as i go, my idea doesnt follow the westward journey i havent been pushing, but figure it is a good place to start.

no real concrete ideas have been presented

so here i go

Sunday, August 2nd, 2009

Depart Schaumburg area 10am(figure good area to leave, major roads around) this portion will be more of a cruise than a race.

323 miles later, arrive in sandusky ohio, as seen here:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Sandusky&1s=OH&1y=US&1l=41.448898&1g=-82.708099&1v=CITY&2c=Grand+Rapids&2s=MI&2y=US&2l=42.963299&2g=-85.668098&2v=CITY#a/maps/l:::Schaumburg:IL::US:42.033298:-88.083298:city:Cook+County:1/l:::Sandusky:OH::US:41.448898:-82.708099:city::1/m:::::0:::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Hotels are available for anywhere from 60-250 dollars per night, this crew i believe would be happiest with a bed, and perhaps a place to drink beers.

Monday, August 3rd, 2009

Cedar point amusement park, group tickets can be had for 38$ a piece, if purchased in advance, instead of 45. As long as we have at least 15 people. I have always wanted to go here, and know some of you may not be into it, so there are many beaches, and a good time nearby it seems.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/

that night, stay in same hotel from day before, and prepare for the rally portion.

Tuesday, August 4th, 2009

Depart sandusky, no one can leave earlier than 9 am. rally north to cheboygan mi, where you must attain a picture of your vehicle next to a sign which says cheboygan on it, from there, you rally around the top of the lake, to green bay.

total drive: around 650 miles, mapquest says around 11 hours, but i could forsee it being closer to 8 or 9 because many of the roads are wide open... and michigan has 75mph speed limits. also, there are many paths and roads you can take north to cheboygan, and then south to green bay.

Whoever has the earliest photo of their vehicle in front of lambo field (i assume there has to be a clock somewhere on something around there...) wins something... bragging rights, beer, cash, etc, to be determined later.

im not too sure what there is to do in green bay, but im pretty sure after a 650 mile drive, most of us wouldnt want to do much, and a roof over our head with a case of our favorite refreshment would be a welcomed prize.

hotels around green bay:

http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/HotelAvailability.do?SEQ=12318166440640122009&pathIndicator=HOTEL_FRONTDOOR

Wednesday, August 5th, 2009

Depart green bay hotel before 11am, and continue on to wisconsin dells, arrive in the dells around 1pm, and go go-karting, waterparking, or whatever. that night. visit cruisin chubbys. because honestly.... im pretty sure seeing panda nose to ass with a wisconsin named stripper named lulu might make the trip.

http://www.cruisinchubbys.com/ (strip club website)

check into whatever hotel we desire... whether it be a larger one with water park, such as kalahari, great wolf, or the wilderness, or a smaller one, such as a mom and poppp place, and go to some sort of waterpark the next day. id prefer a larger one as being able to stumble out of my hotel room and party it up and then go back and forth for beers and food without problems, is pretty tight.

Thursday August 6th, 2009

Hang out at the waterpark all day, having way too much fun, and fall asleep when we fall asleep.

Friday August 7th, 2009

Everyone on their own, check out, and drive home... its very nearby, and under 3 hours, which on the last day would be a welcome surprise.

Cost:

All of course approximates and educated guesstimates out of my ass.

food I would most likely bring some food, to save on costs of food, but for sake of argument, 30 bucks per day? times 5 is 150$

gas, i figure gas could be 3$ this summer. at 20mpg (low for some, high for some), around 190$ worth of gas. most people will probably drive with a partner i assume/hope, so divided in half = 95$

hotels and lodging, first three nights, i cant see spending more than 70 bucks on a room, we dont need too much nice stuff here. divided by two people per room= 35$, for 3 nights... 105$ for those nights, plus maybe 200 for a room in the dells at a nicer place... maybe double up teams, to 4 people per room, and we are right back at 50 per night, for 2 nights, equals 100 for the dells portion, total lodging = 205$

other stuff... cedar point would be 40ish with tax... and lets just tack on an extra 60 because we are going to a strip club, and who knows what else we will experience 100$

total(ish) 550ish$

of course could change up or down, heavily depending on gas, where we stay, what we do and whatever.

Conclusion.
I chose the nights I did, becuase weeknights are much cheaper than weekends for hotels. The roads will not be as crowded, along with the amusement park, and the dells, and it is plenty far away to get our shit together. I also chose one of the first weeks in august, becuase the days are long, and that would make for a nice drive for the rally portion of the trip, as to not have to drive in darkness would be a welcomed event.

the first day i plan on driving as a team, and every day driving as a club, as a group, except for the rally portion of the trip.

Its over 200 days away, save a lil more than 2$ per day up until then, and youre good.

5 nights, almost 1300 miles, 5 states, a strip club, an amusement park, a rally day, a water park, and memmories to last a life time.

this is easily the most thought out post in tcg history, so please take the time to read it through, and possibly even give some constructive criticism... of course, nothing is written in stone, and this is just my first idea that i rambled off here tonight, but a starting place is necessary, and i think this trip would be a blast and a half.

also, here are the round trip mapquest directions, which as i look at the map, there appears to be many better routes... http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Sandusky&1s=OH&1y=US&1l=41.448898&1g=-82.708099&1v=CITY&2c=Grand+Rapids&2s=MI&2y=US&2l=42.963299&2g=-85.668098&2v=CITY#a/maps/l:::Schaumburg:IL::US:42.033298:-88.083298:city:Cook+County:1/l:::Sandusky:OH::US:41.448898:-82.708099:city::1/l:::Cheboygan:MI::US:45.6469:-84.474403:city:Cheboygan+County:1/l:::Green+Bay:WI::US:44.519199:-88.019699:city:Brown+County:1/l:::Wisconsin+Dells:WI::US:43.627499:-89.770798:city:Columbia+County:1/l:::Schaumburg:IL::US:42.033298:-88.083298:city:Cook+County:1/m:::::0:::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Last edited:

bluzohh6

The system works
Reaction score
where did you get all of this from? Jesus how long have you been working on this? Cedar point would rock the heazie

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
cedar point would be cool. i'd be down for like a 2 day thing and then just part ways from the group.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
where did you get all of this from? Jesus how long have you been working on this? Cedar point would rock the heazie

about 45 minutes or so... i plan a lot of shit with my friends and stuff, and like driving, and want to make this happen... so it just kinda came together. haha.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
I like it, I like it a lot. Only thing its missing is an entry fee, which would go towards a prize for the winners.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Nice plan :bigok: I hope i'd be able to be apart of it, but that will depend on if i have the vacation time

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
ill look everything over tomorrow...seems to be getting good feedback tho

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
ill look everything over tomorrow...seems to be getting good feedback tho
Look everything over tomorrow. Spend 5 minutes and read the post, Halo can taek a break.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
or ill read it tomorrow morning when i have nothing to do :dunno:

05CobaltSSSC

Reaction score
i think this sounds fucking phenomenal, maybe add a 20-50 dollar entry fee to be put into a pot for the winners on the rally part of it. i mean this much fun for $600 bucks and like kj said this shit lasts a lifetime. you dont forget this stuff unless you do what i do and get so drunk you black out and dont remember til the next day when you ask people lol.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
also, another cool thing about my plan, is that you wouldnt be on the same roads... every day we drove, would be a new sight.... this would be cool, cuz if we go out west, or out east, we would have to pass everything we saw coming back... so yeah.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Reaction score
also, another cool thing about my plan, is that you wouldnt be on the same roads... every day we drove, would be a new sight.... this would be cool, cuz if we go out west, or out east, we would have to pass everything we saw coming back... so yeah.

I do like your idea. Sounds like fun.

PANDA

Reaction score
Nice post KJ. I drove around make Michigan when I was younger (with the family obviously) We did the "lake Michigan circle tour". It pretty much put us on lakeside routes throughout the trip. Alot of places to stop and beaches. This obviously isnt the same though. Not sure if I would be in. 5 days off work is alot. Other vacations might be planned also.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Guess who just nominated themselves for the trip organizer?

I went to school in central Michigan and everyone always talked about going to ceder point, but being broke college students no one ever committed. Always sounded like a good time. I'm in.

PANDA

Reaction score
Guess who just nominated themselves for the trip organizer?

I went to school in central Michigan and everyone always talked about going to ceder point, but being broke college students no one ever committed. Always sounded like a good time. I'm in.
Mook don't let other people plan official TCG events, who are you kidding. :mamoru:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
You can't wait for people to ask you to plan something. If someone has an idea and puts this much consideration into an idea and pitches it to the board, anyone could potentially plan an official TCG event.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
i see no issue w/ this. kj, the ball is in your court if you want to start planning it

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a blast, but I won't be able to attend. It is impossible for me to take off the first 5 days of the month. If there are any other accountants on the board, they'll probably have to skip it as well. We only have 5 days to close the prior month's books :( Have fun and take lots of pics!

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
KJ, there's a car ferry (or at least there was when I went to school up there) that we could take across lake Michigan. It may be pricey, but could be comparable to gas for driving to the UP and back down. Plus it would be cool to have all of our cars on one ferry and add another check point to the rally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom