My headlights look like crap

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I'd just pull the headlights out and wire in some lanterns. Better light output.

:bowrofl:

1850s English style?

The lights in the Regal blow away GPs. I read a thread where a guy actually made his own projectors for his regal. IIRC he used TL projectors and modified the regal capsuls. It sounded interesting until he said the projectors alone were $200. Funk that.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
If no one is interested in the cleared lenses for $50, I wont bother though. I thought it would be a win/win and would throw it out.

I just can't imagine mine coming clean... they look freekin terrible and have tiny stress fractures ALL over the place....

How can they possibly come back from that?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Just looked at prices from gmpartsdirect. I never order from them but I hear shipping is alot. I usually buy parts wholesale from GM through one of my dads accounts. Although I pay slightly more than this site sells the same part for. I think the shipping they charge makes up for the cost you think you are saving, but like I said, never used them.

headlight capsules: $56 each
headlight bracket: $34 each
corner light: $82 each
entire headlight assembly (capsule, bracket, corner): $105 each

Like I said, I wouldn't buy eBay junk, and trying to fix them isnt worth the effort in my opinion.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
my experience from ebay is fine...like everyone is sayin, seal them up with clear silicone... then there fine for sure.

lights in my sig are ebay lights....no problems since i sealed them.

I didnt seal my ebay headlights and have had no issues. I think I got them for $150 shipped :dunno: but my clear corners on the other hand, definitely seal those bad boys. Ive gone through a few sets and just gave up and went back to stock corners

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I hate to burst your bubble Fish, but you can't get the headlight capsules apart clean. Even with heat, they plain are junk once fogged. The corners are another story though, they can be ressurected. You have to experiment with temps since ovens vary. The plastic can get very soft and warp when handled.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info