My headlights look like crap

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
Ive got the clear corners which look real nice but the headlights look like shit. Grey and dull. How do I fix this? Ive tried wet sanding and buffing but it didnt work. I prollly did it wrong though.

Where can I get oem ones for cheap?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ebay PROJECTORS, yes. Standard housings AFAIK, should be fine.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Reaction score
If you're buying ebay headlights, or any aftermarket lights, its always a good idea to seal them up with silicone.

OP
Freebeer187

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
These headlights bounce like no tmw. Ive tried fixing mine. One side is fine the other bounces like a fat kid in gym class

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
The problem is not the exterior of the headlight. The inside of the headlight gets all mucked up.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
If the healdight comes apart it is possible, but you will have to reseal it to keep out moisture. Depending on how big the opening is for the bulb you can also use a small Mother's Polish ball and work the inside of the headlight like that.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, are the headlamps glass or plastic?? If it is plastic they might just have some heavy rock damage and will be unrepairable.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Yeah, you could try to heat them up to get the headlight lens off, then try to work with them, but that doesn't always work. You could try the junkyard too for a cheaper way. Mine were doing the same thing, until I traded headlights with my dad's old 03 before it got traded in, haha

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the healdight comes apart it is possible, but you will have to reseal it to keep out moisture. Depending on how big the opening is for the bulb you can also use a small Mother's Polish ball and work the inside of the headlight like that.
Work that ball :pedobear:

Yeah, you could try to heat them up to get the headlight lens off, then try to work with them, but that doesn't always work. You could try the junkyard too for a cheaper way. Mine were doing the same thing, until I traded headlights with my dad's old 03 before it got traded in, haha
Nice snag! :bowrofl:

PANDA

Reaction score
I bought a headlight capsule, bracket, and corner (as a package) for like $100 at the dealer. Buying the parts separate was like crazy money. I wouldn't fuck around with eBay junk, its nothing but junk.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
These headlights bounce like no tmw. Ive tried fixing mine. One side is fine the other bounces like a fat kid in gym class

are you making sure you are inserting all the tabs correctly? there are 2 that slide in that must be perfectly aligned to make it not bounce... and they arent too noticeable if you dont get them in...
The problem is not the exterior of the headlight. The inside of the headlight gets all mucked up.
i thought it was the outside ? :dunno:

junky junk

in the trunk

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine dont bounce terribly, but they definitely bounce some. Pretty sure I got all the tabs in the correct place too...

...."in the trunk" :rofl:

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
eBay. Then just reseal them cause they all seem to leak.

Or take an extended test drive of a car with good lights :rofl:

Kbrown

Reaction score
my experience from ebay is fine...like everyone is sayin, seal them up with clear silicone... then there fine for sure.

lights in my sig are ebay lights....no problems since i sealed them.

shaferz

slaps a ho
Reaction score
my experience from ebay is fine...like everyone is sayin, seal them up with clear silicone... then there fine for sure.

lights in my sig are ebay lights....no problems since i sealed them.

I would rather pay extra money for something that already works, instead of paying less money for something i would have to take apart and burn my time fixing. My time is worth more than that to myself.

Each to their own I guess.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
shaferz is straight ballin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom