3800 My gtp is now trash and spare parts

I94_Killa

Jul 15, 2008
Skokie
Date: september 30th, 2006

Time: 1:30 P.M.

It was 1:30 P.M. and i was on my way to work. I have to commute about an hour to work since i live in skokie and work in lincolnshire. Anyways, i was in the far left lane and the rain was pouring real hard. All of a sudden, an 18-wheeler truck pulled up next to me and my gp started hydroplaning. Before i had known it, my car had struck the division barrier and my car flipped over twice. When the flipping came to a stop i had noticed that my car had landed in the middle lane and i saw the headlights of the cars heading towards. I put my car in neutral and pushed the car to the shoulder bank because the engine was killed in the accident. After looking at the aftermath of my car i saw the car i used to be proud of turn into a piece of trash.

Originally posted by Kyle@Sep 30 2006, 08:04 PM
that sucks man but its good that you're alright.

cars are replaceable, limbs, full use of your legs and things like that arent.
[snapback]141194[/snapback]​

yeah i agree with kyle here..its a material..u can replace it..but if u were to get seriously engered it might not be as easy to replace something on u and plus ur not replaceable...so myself and like others are glad ur ok u can always get another gp

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by SINr247@Sep 30 2006, 04:40 PM
sorry to hear that,accidents are always a shitty thing....especily when you like the car
if there is lots of parts left post them,im always looking for parts
[snapback]141184[/snapback]​
Bob, your compasion is overwelming, haha.

As other have said, good thing you walked away from it and you can live to love another car, preferably GP.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Oct 1 2006, 12:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Sep 30 2006, 04:40 PM
sorry to hear that,accidents are always a shitty thing....especily when you like the car
if there is lots of parts left post them,im always looking for parts
[snapback]141184[/snapback]​
Bob, your compasion is overwelming, haha.

As other have said, good thing you walked away from it and you can live to love another car, preferably GP.
[snapback]141213[/snapback]​
[/b]
I heard a good saying while watching a racing documentary that holds true here.

Guy was trying to get into racing and talked to another grassroots racer how much it costs to race. Guy said "everything"...and it's true. All your time is consumed by getting parts, sponsors, or more money to afford more parts and finding new sponsors...

I94_Killa

Jul 15, 2008
Skokie
I was able to get my car to run but only in first gear. Anyways, the car is considered drivable but i have to deal with driving in first gear at rpms at or below 5k and also my wheel alignment is messed up so the car drives like i have a flat tire. Sorry for that run on sentence. Anyways, me and my parents agreed that if i drive it like it is (after alignment repairs and transmission repairs) they would help me buy a brand new car off the lot. I'm hoping to get either a solstice gxp or a grand prix gxp. I'll keep you guys posted on whatever happens.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 1 2006, 05:04 PM
dead on ron........im losing my social life to vendors

so are you going to get another GP?  we need people to start keeping with these cars and not just run to a ford dealerships
let us know whats going on
[snapback]141256[/snapback]​

a ford dealership?? why whoever do you mean??? :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :ph34r:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info