my Grand Prix and Monte SS(56k ROFLNO)

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Aight, adding to my welcome thread, figure I'd post pictures of the cars and some better details in here and not chowder up my welcome thread. My car is a 2000 Grand Prix GT. Like I said before, it has every conceivable option that was available in 2000 except for the L67 and HD trans, and performance shift. Bought it back in March with a sneeze over 51k, now it's got a sneeze over 58k. It's still pretty much stock, with a handful of little things that my shitty summer budget allowed(also warranty FTW!) It's got front/rear inlays, black overlays, GMPP front STB, SLP 180* T-stat, silverstar corners, and soon to be SLP cold air and GTX exhaust tips. My plans are mostly cosmetic since it's still under warranty for another year and a half.

Next is our 1984 Monte Carlo SS. My dad and I bought it back in 2004 and he and I have been workin on it and just cruisin and having fun in it. It's alllll stock, minus a Thrush catback. It has just under 92k on it. 99% rust free and original. A blast to drive, even if it still has the HO 305. Gets lots of looks, but unfortunately it's going away here within the next week or two and won't see more than 10 minutes of sunlight til late March. Anyways, here are some pics of both and let me know what you think!

HPIM0584.jpg

HPIM0582.jpg

HPIM0580.jpg

HPIM0636.jpg

HPIM0635.jpg

HPIM0629.jpg

HPIM0168.jpg

HPIM0479.jpg

HPIM0477.jpg

HPIM0472.jpg

HPIM0474.jpg

HPIM0588.jpg

HPIM0587.jpg

HPIM0483.jpg

HPIM0298.jpg

HPIM0295.jpg

HPIM0294.jpg

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Thanks. It needs to be buffed pretty badly. Some older black woman owned it before me from downtown Chicago, and when I got it it looked pretty bad. It looks good now in the pics, but up close you can see.

I do plan do to some kind of forced induction, whether it be turbo or an M90 top end swap. Turbo=more bang for your buck, but I looove the whine of the blower. That won't be for another couple years(warranty til 75k)

thanks for the comment!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
im always keeping an eye out for montes (i used to own an 88). problem is most of the montes i find that arnt complete shit-piles have 22's on them. :puke: however i have entertained the idea of buying the car anyways, and selling off the rims, which would probably end up paying for the cost of the car right there :rofl:

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Euro said:
Toasty said:
yeah, monte looks nice

lol @ the dealer sticker-- that's from my stomping grounds where i grew up.

Haha yep! Bocker Chevrolet in Freeport. After some research I found the dealer is still there, and the guy who sold this car to it's first owner in 84 is still a salesman there.

yeah, they're still alive and kickin out there, i go by every now and then going out to my parent's place. Not surprised that the same salesperson is there... who was it? It's sad really, they have SOOO much inventory on hand just so they can keep their dealership going from the GM side of things. all in a town with oh, 28000 people or so, and the byproduct of that is their pricing, especially on used vehicles isnt not good.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Toasty said:
Euro said:
Toasty said:
yeah, monte looks nice

lol @ the dealer sticker-- that's from my stomping grounds where i grew up.

Haha yep! Bocker Chevrolet in Freeport. After some research I found the dealer is still there, and the guy who sold this car to it's first owner in 84 is still a salesman there.

yeah, they're still alive and kickin out there, i go by every now and then going out to my parent's place. Not surprised that the same salesperson is there... who was it? It's sad really, they have SOOO much inventory on hand just so they can keep their dealership going from the GM side of things. all in a town with oh, 28000 people or so, and the byproduct of that is their pricing, especially on used vehicles isnt not good.

I can't remember what the guy's name is. I know I've read it but can't remember.

Thread Info