My front brakes suck

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
Have any of you upgraded your front brake setup and if so what kit did you go with? I dumped the factory rotors about a 1 1/2 year ago and went with a pair of Bremo crossdrilled and now I am getting wheel shake when I brake at high speeds. You cant do much with warped crossdrilled rotors other than throw them in the garbage. Any suggestions? :dunno:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
Forget them pretty ones and pick up the ones from tire rack that aren't cross drilled, good price.

Flatliner

Reaction score

Flatliner

Reaction score
Oh and get those green pads... but paint them so your wheels don't look like leprachauns like Carl's ;)

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
Flatliner said:
Here's the link:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Mustang+Cobra&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=&brand=&category=Rotors

Front Fitment
Note: (Front) Plain vented rotor for Cobra, Mach 1 and Bullitt models only.

Price: $62.00 (each)
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Rear Fitment
Note: (Rear) Plain vented rotor for Cobra, Mach 1 and Bullitt models only.

Price: $45.00 (each)
Estimated Availability: 05/18/07

Yeah I guess looking pretty isnt always the best thing. Its either get the pretty ones and not be able to stop hense run into something or someone and then I will have more to worry about than just rotors...or get the ones that are going to stop my ass. Hmmm I think the plain ones are goin back on the car :p

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Reaction score
they're not warped. you'll never get a rotor hot enough on the street to warp it. and modern rotors are too thin to cut anyway.

re-bed the pads.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
ShelbyGuy said:
they're not warped. you'll never get a rotor hot enough on the street to warp it. and modern rotors are too thin to cut anyway.

re-bed the pads.
Never done it? How is it done? All I have heard is about it is something along the lines of making a couple hard stops??? :dunno:

ChicagoMike

Reaction score
I'm going to go on a limb and recommend EBC's RED STUFF. not only are they not green, they are ceramic and have better stopping ability when they are HOT.

Mike

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
you can resurface cross drilled rotors, you just have to debur all of the holes. it sucks. But like everyone else said ditch those and get some slotted or plain old non slotted.

Flatliner

Reaction score
I like pretty... but I had the same issue, now I have 1/2 and 1/2 but will go back to the solid ones.

V

venmousracer

Dagostin racing sell 15 ich rotors with 6 piston calipers for the front and rear, they are located in florida.......This the kit I wanna get....Ed

Since 1964

Reaction score
28,000 milse and I'm on my second set of rotors and third set of pads. I like our brakes.

I use Ford parts, but some day, I would love to get an ugraded system also, just for the safety factor since there are some great systems available now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom