my fp resistor took a dump at the worst possible time/place

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
So tonight while :nutz: 'ing after lukes, on the phone with my g/f outside james' garage...

talking to her and all of a sudden shes like "uh the car just shut off WHAT DO I DO" wtf wtf wtf

im in hanover park and LUCKILY she was on 88 and just past 355, so its not like I was in dekalb and was 40 miles away :fu:

from what she told me and how she was describing it in all her automotive terminolgy glory :s00ls: i was pretty sure it was the fuel pump resistor

after a quick debate with the 3800 gurus on dennis car trying to figure out the rewire I headed off into the rainy night with a race-car in tow filled with james and dennis about 5 mins behind

got there and it took about 3 minutes, turned out to be the resistor THANKFULLY!

can belive it took that long for it to go, 2000 gs with 120k, the one on my white 98 went out before 100k... so idk

anyways, sorry to the guys that we peace-out on so fast and a BIG THANK YOU TO DENNIS AND JAMES... thanks guys :bigthumb: :wavey:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Damn that sucks. Mine took a shit on Jefferson and 59 during rush hour when I was the first at a red light. Ended up rolling the fucker down the hill backwards into the Portillo's parking lot while assholes honked and swerved around me. While I was trying to get it running and revving it at the red light, two dudes yelled out their car window "sounds good what exhaust do you have?":picard:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
james gave me one with the bent tab... but yea x2 on she has ZERO automotice knowledge and from the vague explaination i got it sounded like it was the fp resistor but dennis and james came prepared for the worse...

lol inside median on i88 JUST around the bend after 355 entrance to SB 88 isnt exactly the safest place to work on car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info