my fp resistor took a dump at the worst possible time/place

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
So tonight while :nutz: 'ing after lukes, on the phone with my g/f outside james' garage...

talking to her and all of a sudden shes like "uh the car just shut off WHAT DO I DO" wtf wtf wtf

im in hanover park and LUCKILY she was on 88 and just past 355, so its not like I was in dekalb and was 40 miles away :fu:

from what she told me and how she was describing it in all her automotive terminolgy glory :s00ls: i was pretty sure it was the fuel pump resistor

after a quick debate with the 3800 gurus on dennis car trying to figure out the rewire I headed off into the rainy night with a race-car in tow filled with james and dennis about 5 mins behind

got there and it took about 3 minutes, turned out to be the resistor THANKFULLY!

can belive it took that long for it to go, 2000 gs with 120k, the one on my white 98 went out before 100k... so idk

anyways, sorry to the guys that we peace-out on so fast and a BIG THANK YOU TO DENNIS AND JAMES... thanks guys :bigthumb: :wavey:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
HK is SWINGIN' on Double D and James. :nutz:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Mine took a shit on Jefferson and 59 during rush hour when I was the first at a red light. Ended up rolling the fucker down the hill backwards into the Portillo's parking lot while assholes honked and swerved around me. While I was trying to get it running and revving it at the red light, two dudes yelled out their car window "sounds good what exhaust do you have?":picard:

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
She uhhh... was pretty clueless.

and the description we got from her of the failure wasn't quite good enough to know that's what the problem was.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just paper clipped my connector to get home.

OP
The Broken Regal

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
james gave me one with the bent tab... but yea x2 on she has ZERO automotice knowledge and from the vague explaination i got it sounded like it was the fp resistor but dennis and james came prepared for the worse...

lol inside median on i88 JUST around the bend after 355 entrance to SB 88 isnt exactly the safest place to work on car

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just bent the tab back....then drove it that way for 3 years :rofl:
:werd: 5 seconds of work to get your car running again FTW!!!

At least the pump itself decided to shit itself at a red light going to work like me.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
While I was trying to get it running and revving it at the red light, two dudes yelled out their car window "sounds good what exhaust do you have?":picard:
:bowrofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom