My first encounter with a drunk driver

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
was not a good one. was at my GFs house watchin a movie hear a crash out front, go to look and my car is in her neighbors front yard (just to clarify no one was in the vehicle and everyone is okay, im just extremely pissed), and the guy that hit me took off. police got him about a block up the road, DUI and and leaving the scene of an accident, and heres the best part its not even his car its his drunk buddies (he was a passenger) moms car, so who do i even go after here? any ways cars totaled obviously get to go talk to the PD tmrw. great way to begin my day off.

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

:tear:

IMG_1579.jpg

and heres the douches car

IMG_1581.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Oh yea forgot about that white si. That thing looks nearly mint. Collect insurance, buy outlaws car and part out the blue car. You'll end up with a nice not riced out car, probably more $$ then you started with and a massive headache trying to deal with the whole thing.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
heres the best part its not even his car its his drunk buddies (he was a passenger) moms car, so who do i even go after here?

IIRC, you should "go after" the person who was driving. But they will most likely use the insurance that was on the car and not their own to pay you out. As long as the person who owns the car has insurance on it you should be ok. It's been awhile since i learned about this but i think that's how it works.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
WTF? Didn't you just get that? God i hate people that can't make a responsible decision to save their life...

yea i got it just a little over two weeks ago

Holy fuck dude :eek: Hurry up, collect insurance and go buy Outlaw's clean Si if it's still for sale.

i might just do that

Oh yea forgot about that white si. That thing looks nearly mint. Collect insurance, buy outlaws car and part out the blue car. You'll end up with a nice not riced out car, probably more $$ then you started with and a massive headache trying to deal with the whole thing.

thats a possibility, and ive got a headache my stomach is still rolling over, im just grateful it wasnt the pacer

IIRC, you should "go after" the person who was driving. But they will most likely use the insurance that was on the car and not their own to pay you out. As long as the person who owns the car has insurance on it you should be ok. It's been awhile since i learned about this but i think that's how it works.

i think thats how its gonna work

Call your insurance and see what they recommend. You're obviously not at fault so it won't hurt to hear what they say.

im calling them momentarily

That sucks man. At least no one was hurt, but it's still a hassle.

yea thats good no one got hurt, and id rather have it be the honda than the pacer

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
2wk old new to you car and its gone :wtc: That blows. Was the guy driving of age?

yea, i waved at him as he left in the back of a cop car, he got a DUI and leaving the scene of an accident...jackass

wow man! thats rough! at least everyone was ok. how drunk do you have to be do bash a car like that?

well his passenger couldnt even stand and the driver passed out in the back of the cop car

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
damn. i only saw someone once that was totally obviously drunk, going east on 134 right after route 12. swerving all the fawk over, i called 911 and they knew where i was right away and sent someone out. not sure what happened i stayed on the phone until the guys turned off one way and let the dispatcher know. they were going fairly slow. i suppose i might keep following them today though instead.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
damn. i only saw someone once that was totally obviously drunk, going east on 134 right after route 12. swerving all the fawk over, i called 911 and they knew where i was right away and sent someone out. not sure what happened i stayed on the phone until the guys turned off one way and let the dispatcher know. they were going fairly slow. i suppose i might keep following them today though instead.

Did this once on 53N, followed the guys untill the cops got him.... 5 squads pulled this guy over, he fell during the "walk the Line" FST.... dude was gone

Thread Info