My first AR

CobraSki03

Reaction score
I have been shopping for a shotgun and finally decided on a Franchi Affinity 3 camo addition. Going to be doing Dove, Pheasant and duck hunting. IMG_2110.jpgIMG_2112.jpg

While shopping I ran across a Ruger AR556 and I have always wanted one so I “pulled the trigger” pun intended..... it’s a basic setup but didn’t take long for the MagPul furniture to go on in dark slate grey. I also purchase Vortex Optics Strikefire2 red dot. Headed out to Gat yesterday to put my first round through here and besides have to zero in the red dot this thing is so much fun to shoot
First target at 35yrds

IMG_2201.jpg

After a 100rds or so I got the optic zero’d in better. Still have some work but I love this rifle. I will be heading to Kansas this fall for a pheasant hunting trip and we are also going on a coyote hunting trip, so really looking forward to it.

IMG_2203.jpg
35yrds

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase... I love mine...

Need to do some fine tuning to one of the builds which is going to include some parts swapping. Need to sell off the extra parts because otherwise I'll be too tempted to make another build. :bowrofl:

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
I am planning on getting out to Ottawa soon, I will look at the AR10 since its a .308 caliber. Thanks.
If you really want to get into long range, get a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308.

Bolt 308s are hella fun. AR10's are awesome, but can be finnicky with ammo.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you really want to get into long range, get a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308.

Bolt 308s are hella fun. AR10's are awesome, but can be finnicky with ammo.
My frankenAR10 seems to run just fine. It's .243 win not even .308, I've shot it with 3-4 kinds of ammo from 55gr to 105gr.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
My frankenAR10 seems to run just fine. It's .243 win not even .308, I've shot it with 3-4 kinds of ammo from 55gr to 105gr.
Yeah...I've got ~1,000 rounds through my AR10 with no issues and no jams. I use decent .308, but nothing overly fancy.

Buddy of mine has the Palmetto State Armory cheap AR10 and he loves that thing...has thousands of rounds through it.

CobraSki03

Reaction score
Is it hard to build your own? How would I get a complete parts list of everything I would need? I want to buy or maybe build a AR10 .308

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I built my own and just finished it a few months ago. It was an interesting and fun endeavor. I went for "quality" and cost was no object. It ended up being a nice piece and looks and works great. Hasn't had a malfunction yet. It's not hard to build, but you need the right tools. It was more difficult and time consuming researching all the parts I needed, but that's also part of the fun.

My advice though is to not bother since as soon as Jabba The Hut Prickster gets in a governor of IL, you won't be allowed to own them. It will be a waste of money that you will end up needing to disassemble and hide somewhere.

CobraSki03

Reaction score
I built my own and just finished it a few months ago. It was an interesting and fun endeavor. I went for "quality" and cost was no object. It ended up being a nice piece and looks and works great. Hasn't had a malfunction yet. It's not hard to build, but you need the right tools. It was more difficult and time consuming researching all the parts I needed, but that's also part of the fun.

My advice though is to not bother since as soon as Jabba The Hut Prickster gets in a governor of IL, you won't be allowed to own them. It will be a waste of money that you will end up needing to disassemble and hide somewhere.

Come and get it I say......

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score

My advice is consult Casper the friendly ghost gun.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Is it hard to build your own? How would I get a complete parts list of everything I would need? I want to buy or maybe build a AR10 .308
I built mine. Went with mostly Aero Precision and Ballistic Advantage parts so I knew they'd all be compatible together.

Just takes a little more research than building an AR15, but it's not difficult at all. And it's fun as hell rapid firing .308 when you feel like goofing off!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom