My experience with CBD

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Would something like this be helpful in getting my brain to "shut off"? I'm not looking for something to make me comatose, but with the way my work is now, I come home pretty much every day and literally climb right into bed. It's not that I'm tired or need sleep, tho I do drift in and out, but when I get home from work my brain feels like its doing this

18da03d4bb28968cf7d86a1881f038b9.gif

And I just need to lay still for about an hour so I can get it more like this and actually relax for the rest of the night.

brain.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just an update, I havent had much luck with the gummies for sleep yet. They are helping with my leg issues, so thats good at least. I'm going to stick with it for a bit to see if things change. It didnt help that my room was hot as shit last night.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Im guessing worried about pissing hot.

Correct - while I'm sure the risk is low, the federal government has a zero tolerance policy and with 11 years in and 9 to go... I'll wait until they eventually give in and say CBD products are fine.

Sigh.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Just an update, I havent had much luck with the gummies for sleep yet. They are helping with my leg issues, so thats good at least. I'm going to stick with it for a bit to see if things change. It didnt help that my room was hot as shit last night.

Temperature can affect our sleep big time. The body cools when it gets ready for sleep. So being hot can be counterproductive with being comfortable while sleeping.

I get very little sleep typically. I have had mixed results with 10mg of melatonin. I also only take it when I really want good sleep. Like when I am really worn down but not tired. Maybe I should be taking them every night? But I bought the gummies with melatonin to see how those work.

I also watched a podcast where the guy said that THC makes you fall asleep quicker. But it leads to less REM sleep, memory storage, and other things. Where CDB doesn't help you fall asleep faster but will give you more time in REM sleep. Since the CBD can counteract some of the effects of THC, some people take small amounts of THC and a bunch of CBD. So they fall asleep quicker but still get a lot of REM sleep and it's benefits. Which I thought was interesting.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Ya, he said his sleep tracker showed he got less REM sleep with THC. So it isn't you don't get any or it, you just get less of it.

From what I remember there is three levels on non-REM sleep. One was like falling and waking up with lost of body movement and no body repair. Two was deeper sleep with some body movement and little body repair. Three was deep sleep with little body movement and some body repair. And REM was deep sleep, no movement, body repair, neurological repair, memory storage, dreaming, and rapid eye movement (REM).

So if what I remember is correct, with THC you can get some REM sleep but spend more time in non-REM 2 & 3.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I remember on Joe Rogan's podcast he had someone talking about this kind of stuff too. He said that meditation and controlled breathing can have a big impact on sleep. The guy mentioned a few different styles of breathing and one or two of them made the body release a chemical that was helpful in sleep. Some of it sounded pretty intense. But sounded like simple meditation and breathing control could help a lot with sleep. Rogan said he did some breathing control and felt it helped him a lot. I thought that was interesting that breathing control could have that kind if effect. But I guess it makes sense. It can help control blood flow, heart rates, oxygen distribution, and even help lower body temperature.

Reactions: RedBeard

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
Interesting thread! I'm glad you've had luck with CBD. I too have been struggling with wicked anxiety and sleep maintenance issues for a couple months now. Wake up at 4am nearly every day and cant get back to sleep. Lfe's a lot less enjoyable on 4hrs of sleep per day....I got some GABA today and will try it tonight. It doesn't put you to sleep like melatonin but helps you stay a sleep.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
So a pen is 50mg and some of y'all are saying you need 1000mg, I'm getting confused as to how this works.

I have always had really bad anxiety problems and have been looking for something outside of the traditional scripts as I have hated the results, and was looking to get into this but I'm not sure where to start. I've found that for most meds in the past I've been "resistant" (yeah waking up during surgery or feeling the teeth getting pulled, yay!), but I'm not sure if that applies to CBD? THC based stuff seems to have a bit too much hallucinogenic to it so this seems like it would be worth a shot.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
drop ≠ dropper.

im glad i messaged you.

:rofl:

i got the 500mg blueberry lemon dropper stuff and the "pain cream " stuff.
i tried half a dropper last night, my leg doesn't hurt today, i slept well. :bigthumb: im excited to see how it goes going forward.

the cream has a pretty hardcore icy-hot-ish smell to it but i legit don't care if it makes me feel better.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info