Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
IMG_20190930_140806.jpg

I've been using CBD (the 3 shown above) to treat anxiety, restless leg and insomnia for the past month or so - started with the drops first, then the pen and as of this weekend, the gummies. For anxiety, it has been a life saver. I deal with near constant anxiety (its been really bad the past few years) and both the drops and the pen have been fantastic. I keep the pen on me at all times because one or two puffs can help relieve that anxious feeling that swells up inside from actually taking hold. I wouldn't say it gets rid of that feeling but it does help let me get control of things before it gets too bad. I should say now, that there are zero side effects. You dont even really feel anything happening, you just kind of get to neutral real quick and then you're fine.

The drops I have been using mostly at night to try and battle restless leg. I have an EXTREMELY bad case and its part of the reason for my insomnia. The drops have done a lot for making the symptoms subside...some nights completely, other nights I'd say 80%. It also has a nice relaxing effect which helps when I'm trying to get myself ready to do battle with sleeplessness. One or two drops under the tongue is what I use.

The gummies arrived on Friday and since I spent pretty much all weekend drinking, I did not start them until Sunday so I can't really say if they are effective or not. They do help me relax, so I'm hoping that after a week or so, I'll start to see real results but I'm no going to get too optimistic just yet.

At this point, I'll say that prior to this, I was vaping THC pretty heavily. This was mostly to help me relax and for sleep (it didnt help much at all with sleep as I found I would wake myself up by having a full conversation with nobody lol). I was also obviously using it for recreation. Since starting CBD this month, I have taken just one puff of the vape pen. The gameplan is to stick to the CBD pen during the day and use the gummies at night and just use the drops in extreme instances - cut out THC completely.

I've been ordering from cbdfx.com and I've been very impressed with them. Fair prices (I think?) but super fast shipping. Typically 2 days two my door from California. I'd suggest anyone that suffers from anxiety give this a try. Its really helped me to to maintain a far better mental attitude and has made me a much better person when I'm out in social situations.

Last edited:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I’ve been using hemp bombs brand high potency 30mg CBD gummies for anxiety and they have been working pretty good. I still occasionally get restless at night so I’m looking for something a little more instant. I tried a vape pen but felt stupid doing it and don’t think it really worked well. Maybe I’ll try oil

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You felt stupid b/c of the stigma of "vaping"? Or something else? I'm not bothered by it at all. It helps me a lot in social situations. I take a hit and put it back in my pocket.

If I order more oil, I'll definitely get the 1000 or 1500mg...something strong would be better for me.

I just realize you can also put the drops in a drink so maybe I'll try it with water or something next time I use it.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
View attachment 43287

I've been using CBD (the 3 shown above) to treat anxiety, restless leg and insomnia for the past month or so - started with the drops first, then the pen and as of this weekend, the gummies. For anxiety, it has been a life saver. I deal with near constant anxiety (its been really bad the past few years) and both the drops and the pen have been fantastic. I keep the pen on me at all times because one or two puffs can help relieve that anxious feeling that swells up inside from actually taking hold. I wouldn't say it rid of that feeling but it does help let me get control of things before it gets too bad. I should say now, that there are zero side effects. You dont even really feel anything happening, you just kind of get to neutral real quick and then you're fine.

The drops I have been using mostly at night to try and battle restless leg. I have an EXTREMELY bad case and its part of the reason for my insomnia. The drops have done a lot for making the symptoms subside...some nights completely, other nights I'd say 80%. It also has a nice relaxing effect which helps when I'm trying to get myself ready to do battle with sleeplessness. One or two drops under the tongue is what I use.

The gummies arrived on Friday and since I spent pretty much all weekend drinking, I did not start them until Sunday so I can't really say if they are effective or not. They do help me relax, so I'm hoping that after a week or so, I'll start to see real results but I'm no going to get too optimistic just yet.

At this point, I'll say that prior to this, I was vaping THC pretty heavily. This was mostly to help me relax and for sleep (it didnt help much at all with sleep as I found I would wake myself up by having a full conversation with nobody lol). I was also obviously using it for recreation. Since starting CBD this month, I have taken just one puff of the vape pen. The gameplan is to stick to the CBD pen during the day and use the gummies at night and just use the drops in extreme instances - cut out THC completely.

I've been ordering from cbdfx.com and I've been very impressed with them. Fair prices (I think?) but super fast shipping. Typically 2 days two my door from California. I'd suggest anyone that suffers from anxiety give this a try. Its really helped me to to maintain a far better mental attitude and has made me a much better person when I'm out in social situations.
I have been wanting to try, I end up drinking copious amounts of hard liquor to try and counter act the. Fucked up ness of swing shift for years, id love if I could just fall asleep

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
You felt stupid b/c of the stigma of "vaping"? Or something else? I'm not bothered by it at all. It helps me a lot in social situations. I take a hit and put it back in my pocket.

If I order more oil, I'll definitely get the 1000 or 1500mg...something strong would be better for me.

I just realize you can also put the drops in a drink so maybe I'll try it with water or something next time I use it.

Yea, just the act of “smoking” feels so unnatural to me and I feel like some kind of phony poser doing it. Add the fact that I felt like it didn’t really help me and I really dislike it.

I took a 70mg lollipop once (at work) and felt fucked up.... not high, but certainly not just the normal relaxed from a 25-30mg gummy. So for me that seems to be the sweet spot. Unfortunately anything at that potency is pretty damn expensive.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I’ve been considering trying this. Right now I take some melatonin supplements to help me settle in at night. How would you say this compares to that Mook Mook? Better, about same?

Honestly, I've had zero success with any sleep aids over the years. I can't really say yet whether the gummies are better or not. I want to give them about a week before I give a review on those.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My Wife has anxiety as well, not all the time. It comes and goes but when she does get it, its pretty bad.
I think her Dr prescribes colonopin and she is not a fan of popping pills. My SIL has been trying to get her to go this route (CBD) and I actually told her about it yesterday after Mook posted in a different thread. I wouldnt mind trying as well as a sleep aid as I have trouble getting a good nights sleep.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Drops. I got my mom to try one and she thinks everything is going to get you toasted :rofl:

OR gummies. That would be my first suggestion actually. My mom is interested in those and she's close to 70.

I got HELLA anxiety the few times that I've smoked actual weed, so I am super nervous about trying anything because I hated the way I felt with W. I thought I was dying the whole time :rofl: So with that said, is this something you'd still recommend?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I got HELLA anxiety the few times that I've smoked actual weed, so I am super nervous about trying anything because I hated the way I felt with W. I thought I was dying the whole time :rofl: So with that said, is this something you'd still recommend?
Completely different. You shouldn't get anxious with CBD, that is usually the THC causing it (but thc also gets you that high feeling if you are looking for that.)

I actually was just reading a recent study showing how strains with CBD actually combat the bads of THC which is interesting.

Reactions: FESTER665 and Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yes. I've had similar things happen with various strains.

CBD, especially hemp based, has very very little thc. You don't even notice anything happening. Like others have said, it just takes the edge off. I'd try it.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I've been taking a LOT of shit for my anxiety/depression.

Currently, high dosage of two anti-depressants that really help with the anxiety.

I use HelloNed's Hemp oil in the 750MG which is very high quality and natural from Colorado. Along with that, I use their lip balm too that has a small dose of hemp as well. Takes the edge off.

In addition, I take Formula 303 which is a 100% natural supplement that contains valerian root and magnesium in decent amounts. I take that a few times a day and it seems to help.

Only tried one edigble and I was indifferent.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You cant really overdose on it and its not toxic unless you take something like 20k mg in a single sitting or some shit. If you "overdose", meaning just take too much, you'll likely just get tired.

If you're talking relying on it to be a crutch, I could see it being something like that but there really isnt any harm in that happening, imo.

The short answer is CBD is extremely safe. Just buy it from a reputable store.

Reactions: FESTER665

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If I got gummies, what would be a good MG to start with? I'd probably get it from the same place you do since it works out great from your experience.

The 300mg bottles should be fine. You only take 2 gummies at a time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info