my DSM

jeff99gtp

Reaction score
well i have been wrenching on my dsm for a while now trying to make it perfect to the way that i want it to be.

first up i did the 4 bolt rear end swap to it.

the rear end right before it went in(i cleaned it up a little before i actually up it in though)

stupid 3 bolt cup...

i like this cup better....

and i also like this rear end much more too

then i found a great deal on a new snail for my car!!! when i got the car it had a pretty big turbo to start with, scm61. but i was on a dsm forum thats for IL and i found a killer deal on a T67 turbo with lines fittings, manafold and i told my buddy who is looking for a new turbo for his dsm that i will sell him my scm61 for 500bucks and he said that he will do it, so i went and got the T67 for 500 bucks. haha so right now im in the process of putting it on and well lets just say thats a huge fricken turbo!!!

old mess gross looking engine bay and turbo

old scm61

new T67!!

if you look closely you can see that my oil filter is in the way of the downpipe, ordered a forward facing oil filter housing today!

compairisoin.

i will try and keep this thread updated as i go on with the project.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
holy big turbo...is the motor built?

OP
J

jeff99gtp

Reaction score
as of right now the motor is not built, but it will get built this winter if money lets me. but im going to limit the boost at about 20 psi or so for now, which i think will do me good for now.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
holy fucking turbo.

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
Haha yea both of them are big turbo's, just don't boost too much on stock shit! My friend decided to pull off 30PSI on stock crap (stock turbo) and blew his waterpump and headgasket lol

OP
J

jeff99gtp

Reaction score
^^^and why do you say that? it has a freashly rebuild 6 bolt in it that has 600 miles on it, and by limiting myself to about 20psi psi i think i would be at a safe spot. Cause what these bottom ends can hold up to what 550ish if im not mistaken?

ohh and btw i love both of your cars!

OP
J

jeff99gtp

Reaction score
ohh and it is a really fucking big turbo!! :bigthumb:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom