My day at Byron on the bike.....

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
What a HOT FUCKING DAY!......:fu:

Thought I woule be able to get more than the couple runs I did, They didnt start racing til noon....Which sucked as I got up at 7:30 and left at 9:30 ...arrived there at 10:30......

First run was just voer idle launch to feel it out....
2nd run got better....
3rd was good enough to leave home with :rofl:

Bike can do a lot more, but I have to launch it a bit better, and waiting over an hour between runs is hard to work on consistancy :eek:

Times of the 3rd pass....
R/T - .144
60' - 1.850.....weak.....needs to be atleast 1.6X
330 - 4.690
1/8 - 6.941
MPH - 109.80
1000 - 8.884
1/4 - 10.546
MPH - 135.21

Ill hit the the track again this week, maybe GLD....Gonna install the TRE Mod, a lil bigger sprocket, and adjust the susp....Should be going throught the traps in the top of 5th gear and I am in the top of 4th....and 5th is the true power gear as the ECU lets the bike have all the timing....which the TRE mod fixes that and gives it full power 1st through-5th gear....

I was working more on my nervs on bringing the rpms up....the last pass was only at 6k....should be more like 9k upon launch :eek:.....

Overall, not bad, and happy with the progress I made with not knowing much, and trial and error...Now I have a good starting point to build off of and dial the bike in....and get her dyno tuned I hope this week as well!

and now the lil video.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HxZDyWrSw

UTRYD2 gets all the credit for this epic video skills :pedobear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Lff4vt0W4

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
i got u something riski
big%20truck%20balls.jpg

jk nice times

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Yeah fool get that 60ft down!!! But be glade you guys left when you did. You could have gotten one more run in that happened about 30 to 45 minutes after you guys left but then some idiot on a bike dragged oil down the track from I think about the 330 ft mark to the end of the shut down completely in the groove!!!! Took them I think close to two hours to clean up. Then they ran the classes which took about an hour and it was then just t&t with maybe 10 people total both cars and bikes :rofl: so you could have made like 5 passes in like a half hour haha.

But anyways time for me to get a new clutch and I shall now watch the video that Tom got to see just how bad it sounded from not being on the bike. On a good note though the three passes I made my 60 ft was in the 1.6xx's :) with the fastest one being 1.609 and running 10.62 with a bad clutch hahaha

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Well I really don't have that problem of my front end coming up cuase of the way my bike is set up but that I guess that is one way of over coming that fear is getting the bike set up correctly so it won't wheelie or if it does, make sure it doesn't lift alot. But honestly I don't think you ever overcome the fear but learn how to deal with it. Also like riski said he slowly brought up his rpm's for the luanch to get a feel for what the bike was gonna do and react with a higher luanch rpm.

Basicaly it comes down to working into luanching hard over time and getting the seat time on the bike.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I'm thinking your trap looks a little low with that motor swap. Is the motor stock?

If you don't already do this, you need to keep your shift foot on the peg when you launch it. I don't care how quick nyone is...there is no physical way to get your foot on the peg fast enough for first gear.

Times will come down though with practice. I bought my ZX9R because it was the first stock production bike to run nine's. I took it to the track and ran like 10.6's best. I lowered it, and put in a lot of practice after piping/jetting and got it down to 9.8's.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
now everyone is an expert :rofl:

I know the trap speed is off....look at the 60'.....and then you can see why....Did you not read what I wrote or just posted after you watched the video.....:dunno:

I skimmed it, and didn't see the vid. Yeah, when I was single I was into bikes. Been riding about 14 years; got my first bike when I was 27, and was running it at the dragstrip 2 months after I got my first bike...I been around.

I don't know if you frequent sportbikes.net (it used to be a pretty big forum), but I used to ride with the creator of that forum (Fred Folkerts). That guy was an amazing rider!

I used to do custom paint and frame polishing on bikes before I got back into cars. Bikes are fun.

Pic quality is a bit shitty, but it came from one of those new fangled digital cameras that used floppy disks...lol; probably like 1 MP.
timetoleave.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info