3800 my cars dead

Wickedgtp

Dec 16, 2008
Last Sat. i was driving in the snowstorm in my GTP and i was going up a steep hill, so i had pedal almost to the floor trying to get up this hill (Trac controls broke). so i get to the top and i go to accel and im getting no response. cars dead. so i coast down to the bottom of the hill and turn off the car and it fires right up no prob. then it dies 4 sec. later and it just keeps doing over and over. when we got it to the garage we hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and just watched the gas pressure needle just go straight down. next we hooked up a scanner and it wasnt showing any codes but noticed that when we switched from the normal relay to the high speep relay the car would run great, but as soon as we switch it back the fuel pressure gets cut off. so all week its beeing worked on i put a new fuel pump in, fuel filter, new fuel pump relays cleaned all grounds looking for a short, checked the computer and its still not running. today we think we found the prob. we think its the fuel pump resistor. does that sound right or does anyone have any ideas if its not that? thanx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• W
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list