3800 My car won't turn left!!

I

imported_GraFFix

WTF is that?!?!

Its going in to the dealer tomorrow for the lower pinion bearing recall done and hopefully its bad enough that they have to replace the whole rack and pinion. Im kinda glad i waited to do the recall..but now I wonder how much extra stuff they will find to add on...Ill make sure to bring lube. :(

I just have to figure out how to get to the dealer using only right turns....lol

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I had this exact problem happen on my '97 last fall. It suckes so bad and just happened out of the clear blue. I just had it towed to the dealer, and they were able to cover it under the recall for that front pinion rack. They seemed to change out a few other things for me while they had it all apart. The nice part of it all was it was free since they covered it all under the recall. Good luck and hope they can get it fixed quick and right the first time!

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Do you have to have a certain amount of miles are ur car in order to get the recall done?
No not at all, normally once they release the recall you can just take it to the dealer and have the work done instantly. Unfortunately for some they never take their cars, or if they buy them used or second hand they do not know of the recall. If you think that there is something wrong with the front end or expereince similar symptoms as Joe stated above, I would have it looked at and taken care of...

I

imported_GraFFix

Well things have changed and I wont be able to drop the car off till tomorrow so Ill keep you informed.

If you have a 97-98 and are experiancing wierd problems with sterring...Hard to turn at slow speeds, stering wheel seems to be catching onto something when turning. All you have to do is call the dealer let them know your checking fi there are any recalls for your car they will ask for the VIN # and look up your history. If there are recalls they will ask you to bring it in.

Mine is actually going in for 2 recalls tomorrow, the steering rack problem and some windshield wiper recall...he said they would fix both.

HTH

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by GraFFix@Sep 20 2005, 10:18 AM
Well things have changed and I wont be able to drop the car off till tomorrow so Ill keep you informed.

If you have a 97-98 and are experiancing wierd problems with sterring...Hard to turn at slow speeds, stering wheel seems to be catching onto something when turning. All you have to do is call the dealer let them know your checking fi there are any recalls for your car they will ask for the VIN # and look up your history. If there are recalls they will ask you to bring it in.

Mine is actually going in for 2 recalls tomorrow, the steering rack problem and some windshield wiper recall...he said they would fix both.

HTH
[snapback]98343[/snapback]​
the wipers like to park at 1/2 mast..... :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info