My buddy zach' comp g made a trip to the dyno

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It's the one I tinker with from time to time pretty basic build, headers into stock is best exhaust with no cat or resinator, zzp full size intercooler, s1x cam, double roller, 140# springs, it was supposed to have 60lb injectors that he bought from a friend I should have checked but didn't they were 42's, anyway it ran out of injector on a 3.0 pulley and made 321whp uncorrected, he's supposed to be sending me a video via email and I'll add that when it comes

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
good numbers for sure.

I lol'd @ stock is best exhaust

how much boost was he running? get some 60s on that thing and machine the snout and go for 350. i miss these days....kind of

im not sure he is going to send my the graph today, it was a bummer those injectors were supposed to be 60's he paid for 60's but the guy he bought them from has no idea what hes talking about, it was the same dude that only gave him 11 rockers and boned me when i was doing the cam and valvetrain, i was thinking 60's od crank pulley and a 2.8 might get us there, i cant remember where the fuel pump starts to take a dive on the returnless though im guessing he will probably need a pump and rewire but 350 is very do able

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Damn nice numbers especially on piss gas and not e85! :fy:

so mad over the whole 30 mile engine bullshit but at least the s1x cam survived.

the s1x e85 setup on 2.8 is way more fun than this stock cam 3.4 on e85 nonsense.

them numbers are close to the 2.8 e85 setup with s1x i had.

btw 350 on stock heads and piss gas would be pretty damn impressive id :fy: :wackit: all over that.

i say put the car on corn and find baby pulley with some 60s and fp.

if hes getting 60s and a bigger pump insane not to go e85 imo.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Damn nice numbers especially on piss gas and not e85! :fy:

so mad over the whole 30 mile engine bullshit but at least the s1x cam survived.

the s1x e85 setup on 2.8 is way more fun than this stock cam 3.4 on e85 nonsense.

them numbers are close to the 2.8 e85 setup with s1x i had.

btw 350 on stock heads and piss gas would be pretty damn impressive id :fy: :wackit: all over that.

i say put the car on corn and find baby pulley with some 60s and fp.

if hes getting 60s and a bigger pump insane not to go e85 imo.

I'm trying to talk him into leaving it alone for the summer lol, he wants to do heads fuel system and e85, but it's currently his daily driver

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Feels ridiculous, honestly not sure the specs, it was spec'd off of the original
Turbonetics turbo that came with the ZZP z7 kit, 9 years or so ago now. I went to that R&S place down south (south to me) to rebuild it and they couldn't get any parts so they sold me a new turbo. It pulls way stronger than on 9 psi, and since the 9 psi i've added front and rear power logs, bigger injectors and a bigger pump.

The graph is mph x horsepower/torque not by rpm.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
fuck the money for heads do e85 on that setup or get rid of it all and turbo.

if your already this far without heads i dont think i could justify the money for them.

on e85 it would be where greg pritt wanted to take the car i have.

on e85 stock heads stock tb gen5 headers s1x cam and 2.8 pulley dyno sheet i have was 330whp and 400wtq

that cars begging for fuel pump 60s and e85 imo!

stock heads ic s1x cam e85 should crack over 350whp your close already.

hell with the ic and e85 im positive you can get below a 2.8 too.

hope hes got trans mods..... :rofl:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Feels ridiculous, honestly not sure the specs, it was spec'd off of the original
Turbonetics turbo that came with the ZZP z7 kit, 9 years or so ago now. I went to that R&S place down south (south to me) to rebuild it and they couldn't get any parts so they sold me a new turbo. It pulls way stronger than on 9 psi, and since the 9 psi i've added front and rear power logs, bigger injectors and a bigger pump.

The graph is mph x horsepower/torque not by rpm.

Sounds like it's making more than the 20 extra hp your dyno showed lol

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
fuck the money for heads do e85 on that setup or get rid of it all and turbo.

if your already this far without heads i dont think i could justify the money for them.

on e85 it would be where greg pritt wanted to take the car i have.

on e85 stock heads stock tb gen5 headers s1x cam and 2.8 pulley dyno sheet i have was 330whp and 400wtq

that cars begging for fuel pump 60s and e85 imo!

stock heads ic s1x cam e85 should crack over 350whp your close already.

hell with the ic and e85 im positive you can get below a 2.8 too.

hope hes got trans mods..... :rofl:

If he had injectors he would have ran the 2.8 on the dyno but the 42's couldn't hack it, on e85 I think we are going to need a od crank pulley and machined snout

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Sounds like it's making more than the 20 extra hp your dyno showed lol

I'll probably hit up a local place to get a run or three in, but I was thrown for a loop. It spools instantly, so I know it's not sized wrong, zeph is a wealth of knowledge but this isn't a "small" Turbo, and I have no problem spooling it practically instantly.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
id just run the 60s bigger pump e85 2.8 and leave the snout and not have to change the dampner too.

then just see what kind of timing it likes with out having to push it very hard.

i really think with just 60s a pump and e85 and a 2.8 it would crack 350whp with a good tune.

edit if mine was 330whp without an ic im sure the ic setup on his can close that 20whp gap.

going from a 3.2 and piss gas to e85 and 2.8 was worth almost 60whp. got dyno sheets from both 3.2 on gas vs 2.8 and e85 from the s1x setup.

long story short e85......... WORTH IT! :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info