My buddy zach' comp g made a trip to the dyno

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I'll probably hit up a local place to get a run or three in, but I was thrown for a loop. It spools instantly, so I know it's not sized wrong, zeph is a wealth of knowledge but this isn't a "small" Turbo, and I have no problem spooling it practically instantly.

Stock cam? Based on mph at the half mile I was figuring kj's z7 set up was 375ish maybe a little more but I think he was only running 13psi

I'll probably hit up a local place to get a run or three in, but I was thrown for a loop. It spools instantly, so I know it's not sized wrong, zeph is a wealth of knowledge but this isn't a "small" Turbo, and I have no problem spooling it practically instantly.

You know how much I hate the use of those word in the same sentence. At least you added the "practically" qualifier the second time to take the sting off.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
If he's thinking about e85/turbo at all, just get 80s and be done with it. Not much more than the 60# and plenty of headroom. Fwiw I made 358ish (iicr) with stock heads, pump gas. And his exact setup but xp cam and a smaller pulley. Ended up making the most with the frozen boost hx and a 2.7 pulley. The 2.55 was just too much with the genv blower in the heat.

Does he have an 8 rib setup? If so, I have a TON of belts he can have. Just cant bring myself to toss them

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If he's thinking about e85/turbo at all, just get 80s and be done with it. Not much more than the 60# and plenty of headroom. Fwiw I made 358ish (iicr) with stock heads, pump gas. And his exact setup but xp cam and a smaller pulley. Ended up making the most with the frozen boost hx and a 2.7 pulley. The 2.55 was just too much with the genv blower in the heat.

Does he have an 8 rib setup? If so, I have a TON of belts he can have. Just cant bring myself to toss them

He's not going to turbo it but does plan e85 down the road, no 8 rib either right now he's just running the belt wrap deal, I'm figuring he will pulley down to 2.8 with injectors and maybe do an od crank pulley when it's e85 time, he's chomping at the bit to do more stuff to this thing I'm trying to talk him into just enjoying what he has for the summer and buying another daily driver lol

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
plus 1 for another daily driver.

the 3.4 on e85 sucks compared to the s1x cam and e85 on 2.8 but im sure my trans is more happy and i need to just be nice to this 3.4 and e85 setup as a daily to get to and from work while i get the engine and trans done on the caged car.

greg said trans parts were shipped on thursday to me.

sadly no 1 inch chain or torsen diff just plan on hardened input output billet 3rd 7/8s chain and tep stage 2 valve body for the gutted caged car. not sure on gears yet i have a set of 3.69s but dont think ill use them on a turbo setup.

i hope that will at least last a year or 2 given the car is only like 2600-2800 pounds.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I'd say any supercharged setup will last a long long time as far as the transmission goes. When you strt pushing 400+ is when you quickly stretch the 7/8 chain

freebie engine will be going in with st5 cam and modified cartuning turbo kit treadstone intercooler with electric cutout and t70 turbonetics turbo 150# springs ti retainers double roller chain electric water pump prj fuel rails and 80# or bigger injectors.

if that setup doesnt make 500ish whp on e85 ill be pissed.

have fuel cell for it and weledon fuel pump and braided lines also.

mock up will actually start here in a week or 2.

now that my bronze car is running i can get the caged car in the garage. :fy:

He's not going to turbo it but does plan e85 down the road, no 8 rib either right now he's just running the belt wrap deal, I'm figuring he will pulley down to 2.8 with injectors and maybe do an od crank pulley when it's e85 time, he's chomping at the bit to do more stuff to this thing I'm trying to talk him into just enjoying what he has for the summer and buying another daily driver lol

I have the 8-rib 5% SFI overdrive balancer that ZZP used to sell (looks like they only have the standard one now, no overdrive)...was on my car for maybe 2 years (so like 30 miles, lol), but I bought the ATI for this round of upgrades so I would be happy to sell it if he does want to go 8-rib.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have the 8-rib 5% SFI overdrive balancer that ZZP used to sell (looks like they only have the standard one now, no overdrive)...was on my car for maybe 2 years (so like 30 miles, lol), but I bought the ATI for this round of upgrades so I would be happy to sell it if he does want to go 8-rib.

How much would you be looking to get for it

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Zach talking about the Zach i got the black coupe from thats gutted with the rollcage in it?

was an xpz cam gen5 ic setup that went 10s but i dont know what his last name is.

i got the car from greg pritt tho. he got it when Zach demodded it.

ive been around a while but some of these guys i dont know.

Zach that just had a 3.4 pulley and headers zach but a different zach than the guys car that this thread is about lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info