my buddy just picked up his 2013 yesterday. video!

clint282cc

Reaction score
after giving him shit for almost two years when he sold his 03 GT that was mint, i finally go him out looking at these cars that hes been drooling over forever! since we found a black GT BASE MODEL i told him it was ment to be and he has to buy it haha. hes payin about $80 more a month than he wanted to but he got a decent deal and is in love. so happy my truck finally has a cruisin buddy again haha. oh, and video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ete8ycJVYsU&feature=player_embedded

now we gotta figure out how to disable the stablilty control. you can hear in the video how it cuts out on power and hits the brakes when he starts to get sideways! he was so pissed! haha.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
There are multiple modes of stability control/traction control effectiveness. On, sport and off, IIRC. I'm sure the 5.0 guys can tell you. Eagle is well versed it them, or just open the owner's manual.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
To turn it all the way off you have to hold the traction button down for like 5 seconds. Make sure the car is in park/neutral depending on the trans. Double tap the traction button for sport mode and hit it one time for traction control only to be off. I usually turn the entire stability/traction system off so there is no brake assist crap. It is a lot more fun that way.

Looks like a nice ride btw

clint282cc

Reaction score
after the video i tried to do the push and hold but it wasnt indicating anything. i think he still had it in gear though. i sent him this post and hes going to try it later. THANKS GUYS!

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
No linking necessary. All the info is already with him in the glove box.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
after the video i tried to do the push and hold but it wasnt indicating anything. i think he still had it in gear though. i sent him this post and hes going to try it later. THANKS GUYS!
Trick is you need to press the brake pedal, while stopped, (not sure about neutral), and hold the button for 5 seconds. The dash will tell you that its OFF. It's not fuckin around either. The car is completely different with everything OFF, so take it easy the first few times! :hsughlol:

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess I never though about it, but yeah I always had my foot on the brake. I read online for the neutral idea, not sure on what the manual says.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine requires that you're @ 0mph too to disable, while the other modes can be done while moving (at least in my experience).

Congrats on the ride! :bigthumb:

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
You can be moving, hold the brake slightly and tap the button to disable the traction control or put it into sport mode. To turn off the advance trac completely you do need to be stopped.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Beatin' the piss out of a brand new car and not a single fuck was given!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Beatin' the piss out of a brand new car and not a single fuck was given!
Isn't that one of the things they are proud about with this engine? No need for break in

clint282cc

Reaction score
ive been trying to tell him that! its got a 70k miles warranty! he hasnt even went above 80mph! i was rippin on him so bad when he let his sister take it out and she hit 100 LMAO! he's so afraid of breaking it when it would take so much to hurt it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom