🔧 BUILD My 71 C10 Build

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Took truck out last weekend, did a nice 3 gear burnout and it tossed the belt off.
Of course I had made a shitload of noise banging it off of the limiter with the open downpipe so I scooted it the 3 blocks home no belt. It got up to ~260 so hopefully it didn't hurt anything.
I was running the stock tensioner so I ordered an ICT manual unit, we'll see if that fixes it.

Spent today installing that and pulling the air ride valve block off to replace a leaking valve in it - the pass front would inch up overnight, the old valve had a very small defect in the rubber sealing surface which I could see with my eye. It doesn't creep anymore so I think I got it.
Accuair went BK about a year ago so finding parts is a bitch but there's nobody out there that makes the kind auto-leveling system they did so I'll try to keep nursing it along until something better comes available.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I got back after the interior this afternoon, wife and I got the fuel tank cover and carpet trimmed, formed and installed.
I'm very happy with how this came out.
I have to hook the HVAC ducts up and the interior is done.

20210531_181807.jpg

20210531_181757.jpg

20210531_181733.jpg

20210531_181722.jpg

Man, you haz dem skilz ??

She is a real beauty

:wackit:

Thanks Spivitz Spivitz !

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Dad and I took the truck across town to the Goodguys meet at the fairgrounds.
Had a good time, saw some friends from work, cruised the grounds once, walked around and had some fair food then headed home before it got too hot.
Some observations from the drive:
The AC works pretty good, I think I need to re-vacuum and charge it for it to be at peak efficiency.
The brakes work fucking fantastic. This thing stops ridiculously well.
I need to work on the tune, if the gauge is accurate we used about 1/4 tank of gas to run 40 miles and zero shenanigans.
Open downpipe is obnoxious with it dumped under the cab, I'm gonna get with one of the shops here in town about having them build some exhaust for it.
I think I'm gonna mount the boost controller and Wideband inside the glovebox. Out of visual range but I don't know where else to put them.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012

I can totally relate to that guy's driving style.
Burnouts are so effortless, get it rolling and into 3rd gear then just start feathering it so the truck doesn't come completely unglued.

Haven't done shit with mine, been busy with grandpa's truck and getting my Duramax whipped into shape.
I did buy a better tig machine and decided to tackle the exhaust myself, hoping to start on that here in the next week or so.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I may have mentioned it elsewhere in the bored thread but this thing dumped the trans fluid out of it for reasons unknown last fall.
I figured a cooler line let go and just threw it on the trailer and deposited it at the farm for winter, figure it out in spring time.
Well, today I had time to throw it on the lift and found that it wasn't a cooler line that went but the front pump seal on the NTC Level 3 4L80E was puking fluid.
So, off to Northern I shall go tomorrow morning to pick up a tranny jack and I'll pull the trans some night this week.
Luckily I found a really good local trans builder who did all the drivetrain shit for the Scout so I think he'll be able to sneak it through and see wtf is going on.
I bought this trans right before NTC shut their doors and it was a stretch to actually get it so I've long wondered if it had what it was supposed to have in it. Guess we'll find out. :)

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Jon01 Jon01 what size are your rims and tires? My buddy with a 86 C10 is getting them but the polished version. When he told me that I sent him a few pics of your truck and he asked me to get the details
They're 20*8/20*10.
I can't remember the front tire size, 245 something 20.
I think the rears are 295/45/20 Toyo Proxes.
Boris at Street Machinery can hook him up right with backspacing for his truck. He did me all the way right on mine.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
They're 20*8/20*10.
I can't remember the front tire size, 245 something 20.
I think the rears are 295/45/20 Toyo Proxes.
Boris at Street Machinery can hook him up right with backspacing for his truck. He did me all the way right on mine.
Don’t think he wants to drive 6hrs to see your guy lol. He is gonna go 24/9 and 24/12 cause his rear end was shortened so he can go wider out back.

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Don’t think he wants to drive 6hrs to see your guy lol. He is gonna go 24/9 and 24/12 cause his rear end was shortened so he can go wider out back.

Damn he's gonna have a sick ass lip on those rears!

Idk if you guys have a hookup but Boris got me into them about 1500 cheaper than anyone else would.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info