My 2010 TDI Golf 2dr 6speed manual has Arrived 12/21/09

chris101

Reaction score
I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight! I got a call early this evening saying my TDI has arrived and I can pick it up tomorrow! (I couldn't wait to see it so I drove over there tonight to sneek a peek before it went to PDI) I am so giddy I feel like a kid at Christmas! ..and isn't it ironic that this is just in time for Christmas! Best Christmas present I ever got myself.

I ordered it Oct 8, 2009.... had a delivery date assigned of Jan 18, 2010 and then it got moved up to Jan 4th 2010 and THEN it showed up TODAY! WAHOO!!!

Oh.. I was keeping it sorta quiet but I got an offer I couldn't refuse on my 04 R32 VW back in September (I was the original owner)... ...and then I fell in love with the new TDI from a visit to the VW dealer (on a whim mind you).. then shopped around and City Volkswagen in Chicago gave me the best deal (Easily recommended dealership BTW) ->The best part is I'm not out any money because thanks to the tax incentives for the TDI I'm doing an even trade (yeah I know the R32 is more rare and all that stuff but I had it for 5+ years and did enjoy it.. now time to enjoy better mpg, a new warranty, etc.!) I was just heartbroken my R32 was sold and now I have something new to get excited about!

Some sneek peek pics before PDI and delivery from earlier this evening to share ( I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to see it... lol):

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Holy awesome mileage! Sweet ride... I always did like those cars. :bigthumb:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Very nice :bigthumb: I've had a bunch of time in an 09 TDI Jetta and it's a super impressive powerplant. I'm curious how it feels in the lighter Golf.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
i would love a TDI anything, its a sick motor and im sure ull have a just as much fun in the golf as u did the r32, have fun man

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
Nice, I was looking at the audi A3 diesel. I want to know how your mileage is in a few months. I think we are going to see a nice combination of direct injection and diesel cars and trucks in the next few years.

OP
chris101

chris101

Reaction score
I'm at a whopping 135 miles now.. lol.. not even starting to get broken in YET.. doh!

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
I wish I had a car with good mileage. Now in the winter Im lucky if I break 200 miles to a tank. :tear:

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Reaction score
Nice, pick up! Looks like you got a killer deal. Ive always wanted a TDI.

OP
chris101

chris101

Reaction score
If I remember correctly I think chris is a woman. Congrats on the car and good luck.
Yes indeed I am a woman.

Today I just hit 10,000 miles on my drive into work. (Since Nov 15th last year I ended up with a 28 mile commute 1-way so now the miles are going to add up quicker than when I was unemployed!!!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom