My 2010 Subaru WRX Pics

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Just got back from the dealership and then went cruising around a bit to try and get the stick down. Once I slowed down on letting the clutch out I am decently smooth already. from a start I am getting better, but I will eventually master it. I am not taking the car over 4000rpm until I hit the 1000 mile mark. I am still going to drive it vigorously until 4 grand, but you know I am trying to be careful and not ruin the car...

Here are some pictures of my new ride. Let me know if there is an angle anyone wants. And for the hell of it...a cat with a hat at the end :noes:

http://s1047.photobucket.com/albums/b475/sleeperls00/2010 WRX/

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
They didn't tell me much, but did mention I could get on it for a lil bit but when the 1000 mile mark hits I will be good to go. I read to only get on it up to 4grand, with a decent throttle input. You can definitely feel that power coming on...it is awesome. the sound is great too. Can't wait to get the exhaust.

Hot! Keep an eye on that oil level.

What did they tell you about break-in? I've heard low boost/rpm but not to baby it. Then add a little boost as you get closer to 1000.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I hate Photobucket.
IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
BTW, owner manual states to not exceed 4000rpm for 1k miles. It also recommends not to get on it and drive at variable speeds either faster or slower...not in b/w whatever that means. That is just a nice car. It rides nice, drives nice. I think that short throw. Is pretty crucial. Shifts are firm, crisp. I am new to a stick though so I don't have much experience

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
OK, so breaking in the car, it's not the speed of the car that is crucial, it's the speed of the engine. Vary rpms and load. Never cruise down a highway at 60mph in the same gear for an extended period of time. If you find yourself on a highway going the same speed, just randomly drop a gear to change some load on the motor etc. Good luckw ith the car, looks nice. Almost bought one that looks identical to that car a year ago.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
It also recommends not to get on it and drive at variable speeds either faster or slower...not in b/w whatever that means.

So the new rings can seal properly and handle the boost. Fairly common break-in procedure with new turbocharged cars.

BTW, awesome choice. After 1000 miles and you start laying into it, I want to know if it feels like a 13 second car. What are your mod plans?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Like completely new?

I mean, kinda. I have gotten used to that gsxr and have driven my buddies truck stick several times. I understand the jist of it, and understand what needs to be done...just limited time behind the wheel.. after today, I am much much better. Have a ways to go, but I am sure the car likes me now that it isn't jerkin around every now and again

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
So the new rings can seal properly and handle the boost. Fairly common break-in procedure with new turbocharged cars.

BTW, awesome choice. After 1000 miles and you start laying into it, I want to know if it feels like a 13 second car. What are your mod plans?

Thanks a lot guys for the compliments....nursing school was the biggest pain in my dick ever, but today I was really proud of myself for getting through it and now owning a car I have wanted for a good 6 years now.

Yeah, it makes sense to me to break it in this way...so far so good too. I am behaving and keeping the car at variable loads under 4k rpm.

I have to already take it back to the dealer...whoever waxed and buffed it held the buffer on the hood scoop insert too long. It doesn't look bad, but kinda smushed look like it was overheated and rubbed in. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

Mods are gonna happen for sure. First thing is drop in filter, then as soon as I save up the money I will have the dealership put on an SPT exhaust to keep my warranty. If I can get away with a reflash then I will as long as I can flash my stock file back in if needed. When the warranty is up I will be getting up pipe, down pipe, and intercooler of some type. I don't want to void warranty as of now.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yeah, I pulled off dealer vinyls. I do want to remove the rest of the badges as well...but I think I am going to wait to do it when I get the exhaust done and give it that sleeper look.

Intercooler looks very small....it is decently thick though. Dimensions are 10.25 inches wide, 9.5 inches tall, and 2.5 inches thick. The turbo outlet literally bolts directly to the intercooler.

That cat pictures kills me every time....in all of the others he just looks soooooo pissed off.

Thread Info