mustang wheels...

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
anybody have a set of 5 lug mustang wheels laying around...my wife just got a 73 mercury cougar and my goal would be to put some 17" cobra wheels on it....so i was wondering if anybody had some wheels laying around that i could test fit and make sure bolt pattern is good, hub size, brake clearance, etc., etc. thanks!

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
oh... well, I have just a single wheel with the tire and I forgot to tell my hubby about it and I think he's dismounting it now :(

there is a set of 4 ON the car but the car isn't street legal and we tow it to/from track events.. and the tires are 275 40 17 (probably bigger than youd want anyway)

I'd suggest finding someone with 245s to do thetest fitting...

gluck

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
which rims are they? i might grab them from ya.

They are like the wheels on the car below, but painted black. The paint job is not that good either.

98-black-mustang-gt-convertible-1.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
it doesnt matter if its a 17" wheel or not, i just want to make sure the hub pattern is the same and clears brakes and what the car looks like - i just dont know which way to go with the car....hot rod look (some old 15" crager wheels or torq thrusts etc.) or pro touring style (some 17" or newer cobra wheels, etc.)

Are you sure the '73 has a 5 lug bolt pattern? The wheels I have clear my Cobra brakes. If anything you may need a different offset. Let me know if you want to try them out.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
i have my winter rims sitting in my garage you can try that with... 15" v6 rims.

or i could possibly be willing to drive there with my car, pop off one of my 17" bullits to let you test fit them...
let me know.

that would be awesome - the 15" will deff. let me know the bolt pattern but the style im looking at putting on the car is the bullits you got...just dont know if they are the right look for the car - ill post a pic of the cougar in a few mins

are these 17"?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info