mustang update

hitnrun

Reaction score
I have aligned the front bumper and washed it finally.. getting new tires and or rims, fixing the paint chips, re-painting the calipers and more performance mods hopefully

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks clean. Holy shit do you need tires, ditch that antenna too. Those floppy donkey dick antennas are ugly as hell. It would look better if the car were lowered too.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks nice! Aftermarket wheels would be great, but I understand you probably don't want to spend the money. Even some 99-04 stock rims would be nice, someone is almost always getting rid of theirs.

OP
hitnrun

hitnrun

Reaction score
Ive been looking. And I am lowering it once it gets warmer.. I personally think the rims look good and they are in perfect condition but new rims and tires are something I'll get soon

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you like the current wheels just putting new rubber on them will make them look much better. I would suggest a 255/35/17 up front and a 275/35/17 (drag radial) out back. Car looks really sharp. I would lower the car with some Eibach sportlines because it will give you a half way decent drop and not require proper supporting mods to get correct front end alignment. I would help you put the springs in, but you live out in Nebraska. Also get some bumper inserts for the rear bumper, it is a nice subtle touch too.

OP
hitnrun

hitnrun

Reaction score
275 is too wide for the 8" rim.. thanks for offering the help with lowering. There are a group of guys that are goin to help me out when its warmer.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
275 is too wide for the 8" rim.. thanks for offering the help with lowering. There are a group of guys that are goin to help me out when its warmer.
That is right, they did not got to the 9" wheel on the GT's until '99. Well go 255's all the way around.

OP
hitnrun

hitnrun

Reaction score
Thats what i was planning on. maybe 245's.. thats what they came from ford.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was planning on. maybe 245's.. thats what they came from ford.
A 255 will work fine, if you are worried about it. I had those same exact wheels on my old '98 GT. Eagle bought them off of me and they have 255's on them right now. I never had a problem with that size on that wheel.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
275 fits just fine on an 8" wheel.

Edit: just saw the 35 aspect ratio you recommended. Its just going to bulge a lot with that low profile of a tire.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Needs to be much lower though. Didn't realize they put truck springs on mustangs. Looks like you head could fit in there!

OP
hitnrun

hitnrun

Reaction score
it can :eek3:

just kidding i havent tried but im hopefully going to drop it 2"

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
it can :eek3:

just kidding i havent tried but im hopefully going to drop it 2"
Just to let you know, if you do go that low, you will need CC plates, lowering ball joints, a bumpsteer kit, and probably new shocks/struts too. Otherwise you will never have the correct front end geometry and your stock shocks/struts will wear out prematurely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom