🔧 BUILD Mustang replacement....1971 Bronco

General Information

Back in April I got the idea to toss a number out on 1 FB group specific to coyote swapped classic mustangs on my 66' and I shouldn't have been surprised, but I got offers immediately lol. It was at what looks like the peak and yes I am kicking myself slightly for not going a bit higher, but honestly I thought it was fair. I've kept in touch with the new owner, thankfully a true car guy and he's been enjoying the car exactly how I wanted someone to be! Also I have an open invitation to come over to MI and take it for a drive if I ever feel the need :)

I took a few months to figure out which direction I'd like to go, newer, modern with power, etc.. but I again came to the realization I like classic, as well as the "build", it's like a giant puzzle for me and that is what puts me in a place of peace and quiet (most of the times lol)

Anyways, I've always wanted to build a Bronco, and after building my wife the 74' Scout I really found myself enjoying a truck and just cruising.
E664E505-0AE3-465A-A601-BE1FD7762EED.jpeg

So I started looking for one that had good bones, meaning mainly the frame, vin, title and if all worked out some usable sheet metal on the body. I ended up finding one in OK and made the deal and once it got here Sept. I assessed the body, and well, you know the rest of the story.... found terrible patch work, hidden stuff everywhere, the one saving grace is that they have long travel upgraded suspension on it that they spent the money on and had it properly installed/welded on the frame.

96B8E90D-18E0-4649-BF70-F81E83D2F8F9_1_201_a.jpeg

B03A4224-4209-40B2-B1D7-E6C922D14DCF.jpeg

AE29382D-DBF3-4A43-98BD-4875E275CAEE.jpeg

Out with the old...

In with the new

68F75D9E-3314-4F5D-AE3F-8CD7EB66E878.jpeg

I'm going to stick with the factory color (Boxwood green) may add some metallic to it and make it a version of the Scout's brittany blue in green form.
Marti Report
Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 7.36.49 AM.png

No timeline on the build but some here know me and I'm not a patient man lol, so maybe a year and a half to 2yrs.
Coyote swapped of course!
I'll keep updating as I continue with the build.

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
I'm made a good amount of progress, but get so heads down that I don't end up posting anything because I'll spend every free minute out there.
I'm about 95% done on mechanical and today drove it out of the garage and down the block, only to make it to my driveway and it die lol. Lost fuel pressure, and after diagnosing, the new fuel pump 340lph walbro died so hopefully Toms Offroad will warranty it and send me a new one. I've had so many issues with walbro and Ti pumps, the China knockoffs are near impossible to catch and even some reliable parts houses have them mixed in. Anyways, aside from that it's been running and idling, up to temp, fan turns on, etc..
Love the dakota digital gauge I got
IMG_6400.jpeg

Also using their Bim's for Tach, gear position, speed, reverse lights.

All the lighting works great
IMG_6754.jpeg
IMG_6748.jpeg

Built 90% of the exhaust, need to figure out the exit still, but have a resonator and magnaflow muffler.

Here is a short video of startup and idle

Now I'll wait on the fuel pump replacement, button up some other things and bring it over to my buddies bodyshop.

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
She's on BaT and 3 days left! Nerve racking even though I know most of the activity is in the last day and last few minutes lol. I've had a few individuals reach out that haven't bid and are coming in to look at the truck before it closes and had someone come out already as well.
Grab your popcorn on Tuesday

Thread Info