• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mustang. LOL

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
But wouldn't it show tail lights to a new 5.0, or are they too magical to get beaten by anything? Oh and though I partially agree with your statement you should add "stock" to that. I think I know of a few new Camaros that might surprise you around here.

yep. magical like a unicorn.

Doubtful.

GTP > new camaro

:werd: 10 year old fwd pushrod engined v6. ftw.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Yeah because all of those F1 cars perform so much better when you add ballast to them.

Weight is the enemy when you are building a performance car.

Obviusly a lighter car is better but the mustang is not light. Suspesnion and brakes are the key to getting a heavy car to go around a track. The mustang has both, the Camaro needs one. To compare the precision needed on an F1 car to a street car is rediculous.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Driver experience.

Hey I was just proving a big car can handle when given the right supsension and tires. Yeah he might have more experience then those other two drivers but would that not be called a blowout compared to those people and there much more expensive cars? Who's to say those other people didn't have a lot of experience in there cars on that layout.:dunno:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Hey I was just proving a big car can handle when given the right supsension and tires. Yeah he might have more experience then those other two drivers but would that not be called a blowout compared to those people and there much more expensive cars? Who's to say those other people didn't have a lot of experience in there cars on that layout.:dunno:

Because physics dictates otherwise. My friend has gone faster then vettes and Porsches in his stage 2 srt-4. He has half the hp and wrong wheel drive.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Obviusly a lighter car is better but the mustang is not light. Suspesnion and brakes are the key to getting a heavy car to go around a track. The mustang has both, the Camaro needs one. To compare the precision needed on an F1 car to a street car is rediculous.

You can throw all the suspension and brakes into a car, but the laws of physics don't change. The Camaro is a heavy car.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Because physics dictates otherwise. My friend has gone faster then vettes and Porsches in his stage 2 srt-4. He has half the hp and wrong wheel drive.

:picard: you obviously missed my point on that cause yes a 4300-4500 pound car is gonna do well making tight turns for auto-x. A small 2800 pound car that handles on rails from the factory should do as well if not better then these bigger cars in such tight turns. Obviously this impala isn't stock and also has motor work done so on a road course this 4300 pound car will hang if not beat the vette and Ferrari cause it has the horsepower AND handling to do so. According to some people here, a 4000+ vehicle can't handle that well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info